Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025R came with the small tool box attached to the roll bar and I found it useful for pins, wrenches, etc. My old tractor had room on the floor for a carry box holding my logging chain, wood block, etc. With the smooth floor on the 1025, this wasn't an option. So I made a template for a bracket that was similar to the tool box bracket, just a mirror image and sized for the ammo can I bought at Peavey Mart. Even found a JD decal to decorate it well. After painting and carefully drilling mounting holes (missed all the wires in the roll bar), its mounted and hauling around my chain, etc.

IMG_4933.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

·
Premium Member
14,746 Posts
Nice size toolbox. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Only criticism is that you should not drill holes in a ROPS. Probably not a big deal since these tractors don't weigh that much, but even small holes in a forklift or construction equipment ROPS would be a no-no.

The supported method is to use U bolts or some other kind of clamping type mount.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Only criticism is that you should not drill holes in a ROPS. Probably not a big deal since these tractors don't weigh that much, but even small holes in a forklift or construction equipment ROPS would be a no-no.

The supported method is to use U bolts or some other kind of clamping type mount.

Al
Would the holes OP drilled not be in line with the holes that JD did on the other side ? :dunno:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Would the holes OP drilled not be in line with the holes that JD did on the other side ? :dunno:
Like I said, probably not a big deal with this piece of equipment.

I'll make 3 points:
  1. I'm not an expert
  2. The hole is in the "structural" side of the ROPS beam. In other words, the side of the box beam that absorbs most of the stress in a rollover.
  3. Any holes JD put in the ROPS are engineered. The weakening of the beam by any holes was simulated and found to be within design margins. Maybe tested as well (though this is agriculture and not aviation). Any holes added are neither.
I would not lose sleep over this, just making the point that this would not be allowed in any kind of industrial workplace and one should avoid making modifications to safety equipment.

Edit: Look closely to see how this one was done

Al

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I like the look. I just carry my chains in my ballast box. If I need chain I probably need ballast.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I like the look. I just carry my chains in my ballast box. If I need chain I probably need ballast.
That's exactly what I do. It also at times houses an axe and a shovel.

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Nice.

:bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Good job! I added my extra tool box on the same side as the original but higher up because on the left side it hits to many things. I don't have as big a box as you do either. I don't carry chains unless needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This holds more than I need. Large adjustable, Pipe wrench, brush clippers, extra pins in a plastic jar, foldable limb saw, hatchet, a few rags and so on.
Oh and the cup holder a LARGE Beverage.
cupholder[1].jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 1025R came with the small tool box attached to the roll bar and I found it useful for pins, wrenches, etc. My old tractor had room on the floor for a carry box holding my logging chain, wood block, etc. With the smooth floor on the 1025, this wasn't an option. So I made a template for a bracket that was similar to the tool box bracket, just a mirror image and sized for the ammo can I bought at Peavey Mart. Even found a JD decal to decorate it well. After painting and carefully drilling mounting holes (missed all the wires in the roll bar), its mounted and hauling around my chain, etc.

View attachment 357338

View attachment 357346

I don't have a 1025 (only have a 1023). It did not have a tool box, but I kinda used the same idea. However, I did not drill any holes in the roll bar. It has a brace (?) in the back between the sections on the roll bar, and I fastened a ammo box to this "brace" with wire ties. Now if I can figure out how to post pictures, I will show you what I did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't have a 1025 (only have a 1023). It did not have a tool box, but I kinda used the same idea. However, I did not drill any holes in the roll bar. It has a brace (?) in the back between the sections on the roll bar, and I fastened a ammo box to this "brace" with wire ties. Now if I can figure out how to post pictures, I will show you what I did.
Does this work? Oops, sorry it's sideways!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts