Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions? I purchased one from Harbor Freight that said it would support 1000 lbs. placed my 400 lb tiller on it and it broke in half.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I broke my HF dolly/cart one time too. However, I set the ballast box down a little too hard. You have to be real gentle with them. If you drop the implement too fast/hard, it causes a much heavier hit on the dolly/cart. So, once I learned this the hard way, I have never broken one again. So, in essence, dropping a 1,000# implement too hard could result in a 3,000# hit on the dolly/cart, causing the breakage.

Dave

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought these, I am going to weld a tube on each side of my snowblower so when it is in the 3pt hitch, I can put them on and then set it down and wheel the implement where I want it. After I hitch it up, I can take them off the implement. No cart needed.

·
Premium Member
13,077 Posts
I bought these, I am going to weld a tube on each side of my snowblower so when it is in the 3pt hitch, I can put them on and then set it down and wheel the implement where I want it. After I hitch it up, I can take them off the implement. No cart needed.
Nice! Is there a way you can mount the wheels so they can be used as casters for snow blowing when the ground isn't frozen? Might be a good way to get double duty out of them.

Reactions: rod330

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have a few nice pallets that I bolted 350# capacity casters onto. The have held everything I have put on them so far.

image.jpeg

The casters are mounted inside the pallet to keep it as low to the ground as possible. Simply lower the implement onto the pallet, disconnect the tractor, and roll the pallet under the workbench. Several small attachments can fit on one pallet to further save on space.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have a few nice pallets that I bolted 350# capacity casters onto. The have held everything I have put on them so far.

View attachment 215793

The casters are mounted inside the pallet to keep it as low to the ground as possible. Simply lower the implement onto the pallet, disconnect the tractor, and roll the pallet under the workbench. Several small attachments can fit on one pallet to further save on space.
I use pallets for most of my attachments. It is easier to get them out when I need them and does take up less space. Yours is quite interesting, how are you keeping those items suspended like that?:munch:

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
I use pallets for most of my attachments. It is easier to get them out when I need them and does take up less space. Yours is quite interesting, how are you keeping those items suspended like that?:munch:
That is why they don't break - it is an anti-gravity storage system.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
All of my carts are 2 x wood frames made to fit the attachment, with swivel casters on the corners.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was considering building a dolly for my 6' bush hog----This looks better. I could weld 2 tubes for the wheels on the front of the bush hog and use them in conjunction with my dual tailwheels and move it around my shop much easier. Would make hookup much easier as well.

·
Registered
929 Posts
All of my carts are 2 x wood frames made to fit the attachment, with swivel casters on the corners.

Have you had any issues with the casters pushing in/denting the flooring?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Have you had any issues with the casters pushing in/denting the flooring?
The picture was taken in my shop after I built the cart. I did roll it around in the shop. The casters did not leave any marks on the shop floor. The tiller & cart are now stored in my barn on a concrete floor.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The picture was taken in my shop after I built the cart. I did roll it around in the shop. The casters did not leave any marks on the shop floor. The tiller & cart are now stored in my barn on a concrete floor.
OK thanks. My new shed has pressure treated plywood floors. I store my snowblower attachment on a cart with small casters, and am concerned that when I move it into the shed, the casters will sink into the plywood after a period of time.

·
Registered
740 Posts
A trick I have used for years to keep my motorcycle kickstand from sinking into fresh asphalt parking lots is a 6" square piece of aluminum plate. If you could find a few thin pieces and bevel the edges so the casters roll up onto it, it would help spread out the weight a bit.

As for my "anti-gravity storage system", it's mostly special effects. :mocking:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts