Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of us the garage is getting smaller all the time. I’m looking for some kind of storage for the 4 wheeler and zero turn mower. I thought this would be a cheap reliable system till my buddies pointed out there is no way to get a 900lb zero turn mower up there due to the lack of ground clearance of the mower it could never make the sharp angle. The 2 post lifts on the market don’t have a platform and can’t find any options for one. Has anybody here came up with a answer that they’d be willing to share with a picture if possible 31896D5C-78CF-4608-BD51-95AAB17EF78F.jpeg

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Why do you want to elevate the heavy stuff? I have heavy duty shelving that I put all my boxes of stuff on and then leave the floor for my mower and implements. I try and put my implements on dollies since they are not self powered. Anything that is self powered I make accessible to drive out of the shop with minimum hassle. That way I have floor space quickly if I need it. Not ideal but it's what I do to account for shrinking space. Lately though I have just been selling off some of my crap to create more space!

You are correct, you will be hard pressed to see a 2 post lift that is used for storage. Typically that's what 4 post lifts are used for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I get tired of tripping over them. I don’t need mower between November and end of April. 4 wheeler is for plowing which is December into April maybe. So why not move it out of the way.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There are limited options.

I know some people with a bobcat or something with a substantial lifting capability that put stuff like that on pallets and then put the entire pallet up on the pallet rack. You would have to get at least into a 3R range to begin to think about lifting something that heavy and that might not be able to. What about a 4 post hoist? That might work. Run the zero turn on the lift and raise it up. Most 4 posts don't need to be bolted down and can be put on wheels to move it around. A motorcycle lift that is converted to ATV lift might work but won't go very high. Not nearly that high but you could get it up about 3' or so.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Living in rural Minnesota comes with the acquisition of LOT of rolling stock and associated attachments. I have always been (had to be) creative when it comes to storage. I can't thing of ANY sane way to store a 900 lb Zero-turn on a rack with the possible exception of a vehicle rack. Example...

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Find a used "Big Joe"... they are a small mobile forklift/pallet jack unit...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Looked at Pallet Stacker Myself But for My Needs I found I need to get One of these a Crown ST series so I Can Put stuff in the second Floor of the Barn. There rather Inexpensive used. New they cost as Much as a 1series TLB. What I have found with some of the More inexpensive ones is there To Tall for Barn door Openings (I can fit a 3R series with a Cab through) and really don't have the Lift Height. For one that will fit through My opening. Was all set to Buy a ULINE Pallet stacker $3,470 and it lifts 137 inches 11.5 FT But when Lowered it's over 9ft Tall and the Crown ST series when Lowered is 6ft 1inch Tall. Not that I need a self propelled one. But it Lifts 14 Feet & has a lift capacity of 1980lbs to 2500lbs depending On fork Length :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bigger shed is the best option.
Short of a real lift, Double deck storage for things with tires ain’t nuttin but a pain in the butt.
I’d use chain hoists and jerk that stuff up to the rafters before I’d be riding up ramps to a wonky ass shelf.
Bigger shed, thin the herd, or keep on trippin. :good2:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is building a lean-to onto your garage, an option for you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looked at Pallet Stacker Myself But for My Needs I found I need to get One of these a Crown ST series so I Can Put stuff in the second Floor of the Barn. There rather Inexpensive used. New they cost as Much as a 1series TLB. What I have found with some of the More inexpensive ones is there To Tall for Barn door Openings (I can fit a 3R series with a Cab through) and really don't have the Lift Height. For one that will fit through My opening. Was all set to Buy a ULINE Pallet stacker $3,470 and it lifts 137 inches 11.5 FT But when Lowered it's over 9ft Tall and the Crown ST series when Lowered is 6ft 1inch Tall. Not that I need a self propelled one. But it Lifts 14 Feet & has a lift capacity of 1980lbs to 2500lbs depending On fork Length :bigthumb:
So spend a bunch of money on that thing to lift toys onto pallet. So what do I buy to lift that out of the way?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bigger shed is the best option.
Short of a real lift, Double deck storage for things with tires ain’t nuttin but a pain in the butt.
I’d use chain hoists and jerk that stuff up to the rafters before I’d be riding up ramps to a wonky ass shelf.
Bigger shed, thin the herd, or keep on trippin. :good2:
We aren’t allowed to have out buildings where I live. That’s why we all have 3 car garages.

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
We aren’t allowed to have out buildings where I live. That’s why we all have 3 car garages.
Interesting how rules vary. Here we can only have one garage. Any extra outbuildings/shops have to be called “barns”. They don’t have to look like a barn though, they can look like a garage, just not be called a garage.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You could buy a toy hauler and store them in there. That is, if your allowed to have trailers on your lots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts