Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Albert the Amateur here again. I have a relatively small barn that I store my tractors and implements in so space is at a premium. I would like to put all implements on their own rolly palette. Anyone know of a good source for palettes with casters (or something similar) that would support up to 400 pounds. Of course, I'll also use these so I can more easily position the implements when i want to attach.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Those 18x12 dollies were just on sale for <$12 each at harborfreight.

My kids picked one up to use as the base of the next gravity powered vehicle they will hurt themselves with. :laugh:

My ballast box and boxblade just sit outside.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I agree that the furniture dollies give the best bang for the buck. The standard ones are usually rated for 1,000 pounds and have 2 inch swivel casters. You could make your own, but just buying 4 casters and mounting hardware makes buying the Chinese already-assembled dollies a bargain. A single dolly under the 48 inch bucket works great, as does a single dolly under the pallet forks. I've linked 2 of them together for my 54 inch box blade. I went with a modified Deck Dolly for my 60D mower (I just posted pictures today). The ballast box rests well on a single furniture dolly, but since the filled box weighs around 600 pounds it's tough to roll, even on my slightly sloped concrete barn floor. I'll be building my own dolly for it, with larger and better grade casters soon. I just don't want it to roll too well - even on my slight incline for drainage the box would be hard to stop once it has a little momentum.

The dollies make hooking up thr implements pretty easy. I've added shims to them to angle each implement at the best angle for the iMatch hitch.

·
Registered
552 Posts
thats what I am using for my ballast box and box blade. I tried them with my 3pt blower but it just didn't sit right without making a structure. The blower now just sits in the back of the garage during the summer months and gets moved out when the white stuff starts to fly.

A lot of folks start with one of these then modify them for how they intend to use them. Add to them - put 2 or 4 together, etc.

View attachment 195609

18 In x 12 In. 1000 lb. Capacity Hardwood Dolly

·
Registered
913 Posts
The ballast box rests well on a single furniture dolly, but since the filled box weighs around 600 pounds it's tough to roll, even on my slightly sloped concrete barn floor. I'll be building my own dolly for it, with larger and better grade casters soon. I just don't want it to roll too well - even on my slight incline for drainage the box would be hard to stop once it has a little momentum.

The dollies make hooking up thr implements pretty easy. I've added shims to them to angle each implement at the best angle for the iMatch hitch.
I just put together a heavier dolly with 5 inch swivel casters for my ballast box. It is much easier to move now. But maybe too easy. A toddler could get it rolling. Luckily I have no toddler around, but tomorrow I'll be picking up a couple of casters with brakes to replace two of the swivel casters.

ballast1.jpg ballast3.jpg

·
Registered
537 Posts
This is what I made from a $13 dolly. I love the Heavy Hitch products but just couldn't see paying $250 for something I could make for less than #20.

Attachments

Reactions: coaltrain
1 - 7 of 7 Posts