Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be installing the snow blower on the X590 in the near future .I would like to store it in this shed because its a dry and mouse proof shed. I have a machinery pole barn but has a gravel floor and not real dry and has mice running around. But now I am wondering if getting the tractor with blower up the ramp and in the shed. It is a 12 x 16 raised floor shed. When I look at pictures and videos of the tractor with blower combination it appears it does not lift very high? I plan to back it in will have 2 or maybe for suit case weights to counter balance it. But wonder if the blower will scrape drag before the front wheels get high enough. The ramp is just slightly sloped forward from door to the last 3 deck boards that are the upward ramp section. I realize can be slippery in winter plan to add some sort of gritty peel and stick product. Could also put machine in the pole barn shed during the bad weather times. Just would hate having it in there all winter.

+
Plant Wood Grass Shade Road surface
Wood Door Road surface Plant Asphalt

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Just try it, maybe have someone else drive it up the ramp while you are watching every where you might expect trouble. As long as they are moving slow and watching you for a stop signal there should be no issues.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've struggled getting mine onto a utility trailer due to the low lift height of the blower - When you back up, if the blower begins to scrape, there is some play above the max hydraulic lift point. When I back onto the trailer, once the blower begins to scrape, it will move up past the max lift height (the ground pushing the blower further up as I back up) - this allows me to get up onto the trailer without getting hung up

Not ideal, but has worked OK. Your situation looks less steep than mine, so you might just clear it. Keep us posted

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've struggled getting mine onto a utility trailer due to the low lift height of the blower - When you back up, if the blower begins to scrape, there is some play above the max hydraulic lift point. When I back onto the trailer, once the blower begins to scrape, it will move up past the max lift height (the ground pushing the blower further up as I back up) - this allows me to get up onto the trailer without getting hung up

Not ideal, but has worked OK. Your situation looks less steep than mine, so you might just clear it. Keep us posted
Wow sounds like I might be OK then if you can make it up a utility ramp. I should have no trouble. Have been thinking I could probably lay a board down in front of the bottom of ramp just to get front tires up just a little higher to clear it also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yep- I have tried that when loading onto the trailer as well depending on slope of ground I was on, but hopefully you won’t even need to

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love my X590 but I was very disappointed with the lift height of the blower. I have an incline coming out of the shed and the blower scrapes off all of the grass as I come out leaving bare ground.
I use a X758 at work and that blower lifts probably 3 or 4 times higher. I was expecting that the X590 would do the same when I bought it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It wouldn't be very difficult to modify the ramp or build a new one to bring the primary grade of the ramp all the way out if the lip becomes an issue. I'm not a carpenter and I built out an almost 8 foot long ramp for my shed. As for making the ramp surface non-slip, initially I was using anti-slip tape - it just does not last long at all. In the end, we did anti-slip paint. Home Depot has one, Behr I think, that comes in a couple of grades of coarseness. Works really well and is easy to apply. Needs a couple days to dry fully. Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have the problem solved I have a set of ramps that I use about 3 feet long that I add to my utility trailer ramp to keep the mower deck from dragging on lawn and garden tractors while loading the trailer that has a short ramp so the deck will not drag. They are about 3 feet long 2x8s with a set of aluminum ramp ends bolted to them. That are sold as a kit to make ramps for loading into the back of a pickup truck. I placed them out toward the end of the shed ramp and appear they will work perfectly. Will be switching the X590 over to the snow blower around Thanksgiving time so will find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.