Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6" here, changing to sleet and ice, pretty nasty. Seat time in about 2 hrs.....how,s everyone else doing? Be safe!!

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
We are covered with about 3/8" of ice and running on the generator. Lots of broken trees that will have to get cleaned up also

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Just cold, wind & snow here, 7-8" yesterday on top of 5" still on the ground. 25 miles south of us had closer to a foot yesterday. -13 predicted for tonight & single digits again tomorrow! :mad::hide: ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,395 Posts
We received 5" on Monday.
This morning had another 9" before I left for work, they say a total of 8" - 13".
Word on the streets is a BIG storm Sunday into Monday >1ft.

I never plowed Monday's snow :cookoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,395 Posts
We are covered with about 3/8" of ice and running on the generator. Lots of broken trees that will have to get cleaned up also
I can take a lot of snow but ice is a true PITA!

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
About 3" so far today. Lots of blowing. More snow so far this winter than I can remember for at least ten years. I am running out of places to push the snow. At least no ICE!!!

Picture is from Jan 13 a lot more snow since then

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
About my limit with one arm :boredom::

HPIM3001 (800x597).jpg

Neighbor will clear the drive for me this evening.

Just had 200 gal of LP delivered @ $3.699/gal, $742 with discount! :gaah: ~~ Lowell :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
We got the better part of 12" of heavy wet snow on Monday. Last night we got freezing rain but luckily the temp stayed above freezing all night so it was ice pellets on wet cement this morning. I think we will be getting more tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
We got about 10-12" of fairly fluffy snow this morning. Cleared the driveway, blew the snow off the cars, and drove to work in the wife's AWD. Expecting a few more inches, changing to sleet, maybe freezing rain, then back to snow again, expect only a few inches more.

New York State completely closed I84 from PA to CT. They never used to close it completely, but this is the 2nd time this winter. :unknown:

Be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
9" of snow near WVU Football stadium , 10-12 here at the house on Monday .About a 1/4" of ice this morning ,but wind started blowing and with temps around freezing ,lucked out no down trees or down power lines .

KennyD , here is a web site showing outages.. http://outages.firstenergycorp.com what a mess over your way.

Suppose to get colder down in the tens tonight and in the 20's next few days.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
We had about 4" of dry powder. Lots of wind to move it around. Kind of funny watching the local news "dig" for stories. It wasn't a day at the beach, but it's only 4 inches of dry snow. Yawn... Even more sad is this is the biggest storm so far this season. Hope it's not an indicator of this summer....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
10-12 inches here. Spent three hours plowing including two neighbors. I have had enough for this year. Bring on the green grass.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
WOW........you guys are getting hammered! Nothing here. Stay warm and safe fellas.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We got 10 inches, then 1/2 of sleet, then rain, turning this all to white lead.

ATV couldn't move the stuff... might need chains...
Pulled out the deere plowed with the FEL (that's a painful experience)... 3 hours later the driveway is clear, but the private road hasn't been touched yet... I gotta get a real plow.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
We got 10 inches, then 1/2 of sleet, then rain, turning this all to white lead.

ATV couldn't move the stuff... might need chains...
Pulled out the deere plowed with the FEL (that's a painful experience)... 3 hours later the driveway is clear, but the private road hasn't been touched yet... I gotta get a real plow.
Chains and a plow make a big difference. My neighbor has a Kubota CUT with a FEL and I can move snow way faster with my 318 with a 54" plow. We share a private drive and I cleared 2/3rds of it before he could get a third done. The plow leaves things way cleaner also.

·
Registered
511 Posts
not sure what we have as its still falling but I made a path for the wife to leave, after which I said she can't, and I cleared about 6" of snow. Looking forward to more seat time this evening once it blows out of town. The 2320 with a 54" 3pt blower is begging to get back to work..... although its not even trying.:lol:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The snow stayed to the south of us. :thumbup1gif: Still chilly here, its 13 now.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts