Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I have the 60MMM but I'm going to say that belt shouldn't be rubbing on there like that. Possible something got in there causing the belt to be pushed??? Any rub marks on the autoconnect bracket under the tractor?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here’s a picture of my 54D AutoConnect on my 2025R. I see a little scuff on my machine but nothing major. I always engage at low RPM and then throttle up, think that makes a difference to keep belt slapping to a minimum?

Reactions: mikdor and kylew

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
It's the belt and no I would say that's not normal for sure. Make sure all of the spindle bolts are tight as well as the idler pulley.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Mine has the same witness mark on the deck.
Going through fourth year of mowing and no signs of any significant abrasion to my original belt.
Poor thing takes a beating because most of the time I mow the "grass" it is thick and about wet.
I worried about it a little when I first saw that as well but every time I inspect things during blade swaps or cleanings everything looks fine.
What I would recommend is low strength loctite on those set screws on the male shaft of the gearbox. That and make sure the gearbox is full of the lubricant and change the fluid at least every two years. That gearbox costs a fortune if it croaks...

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
Nicola,
Non sembra troppo male, praticamente normale. La distanza tra le pulegge del mandrino lascia la cinghia non supportata sul lato posteriore, quindi si flette intorno ad alcuni e causa quel segno di bruciatura nella vernice. Finché la cintura non cattura l'apertura dalla puleggia motrice e non si sfilaccia, penso che starai bene. Quelle cinture sono ben costruite e resistenti. Tenetene d'occhio e assicuratevi che la vostra puleggia folle sia in buone condizioni e che applichi una buona tensione.

Ho tradotto questo utilizzando Google translate. Spero che sia stato fatto correttamente.

For those who want to see it in English:

It doesn't look too bad, pretty much normal. The distance between the spindle pulleys leaves the belt unsupported on the back side, so it flops around some and causes that burn mark in the paint. As long as the belt isn't catching the opening by the drive pulley, and isn't getting frayed I think you'll be okay. Those belts are well constructed and durable. Keep an eye on it, and make sure your idler pulley spring is in good condition and applying good tension.

I translated this using Google translate. Hope it did it correctly.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi All
My 54D on my 1025R does the same, no belt damage after 4 years, I just ignore it :lol:
regards John

My 54" does it too...

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi All
My 54D on my 1025R does the same, no belt damage after 4 years, I just ignore it :lol:
regards John
Same with mine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Normal from what I see as mine does it too. I really think it is the initial activation that creates what one person stated was "slap" but then does not touch once the mower implement is brought up to the required rpm designation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts