Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baled 480 bales yesterday afternoon. Followed combine, neighbor cutting his winter weat. We use straw in winter for beddng for the cattle when they want to come inside. We were about out. To busy to get good pics of combine. Will probably do another 500 if weather holds.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Combine unloading, pic my buddy took didn't realize he took it so I'll steal it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the custom detailing!
Top notch operation. His equipment, shop and buildings are spic and span. Awesome neighbor also.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I just started sneezing looking at all that Hay...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I almost miss doing that. Almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this. I spent about all of the summers of my school years baling hay & straw for our dairy farm. Since I left the farm over forty years ago, I do not believe that I have ever seen someone baling & wished that I could do it again.

On a side note, my dad always had 2 rules on baling straw. After combining the wheat, we would cut the stubble down to the ground to get the most straw possible.
The other was that the straw had to be rained on in the field between combining & baling. Dad said that the rain would wash wax off of the straw so the straw would absorb moisture better when used for bedding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts