Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,243 Posts
Looks good to me, one of my favorites. If my sister in law has time, she usually makes me one. :good2:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well tried my hand making a strawberry rhubarb pie looked good but did not set up very well. Still tasted good.

Did you cook it? :mocking:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
I added this to the GTT cookbook felixm22. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hiya,

My wife makes a killer strawb'/'barb pie. I'll ask and if she'll share, I'll post it here.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hadn't made a pie in years. Made one with fresh strawberry and rhubarb. The key (for me) is about 2/3 strawberry and 1/3 rhubarb, otherwise it's too tart. Many recipes use equal amounts. Also used brown sugar instead of white. Use instant tapioca as a "setting" agent.

I tried to make a smilly-face :unknown: for the top crust.... Looks like it just got knocked out... next time just simple slit-marks :dunno: ??

But it set fine, tasted great. Don't have exact recipe, found something on the net and improvised/changed a lot. The top looks not withstanding, that makes it a one of a kind pallet-pleasing piece of culinary art. An epicurean delight that taste 3.14159 times better than a well rounded normal pie.

Dang. Now I'm hungry for... :eating:

Pete

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts