Green Tractor Talk banner

Stripped front axle vent plug, help!

4441 Views 39 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Deere Ol Man
Doing 600 hr service on my 2013 1025r. The vent plug on front axle is stripped. First by a 4mm allen key, then by a Grabit stripped bolt remover bit--which was so hard it basically just shaved away any part of the screw that I could've tried to grab onto lol.

(talking about part no. 20 in this diagram, https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/61723/referrer/navigation/pgId/141081528)

I do have replacement vent plugs already, assuming I can get this out without affecting the threads in the housing, I'm good...

Any ideas for getting this thing out? The other side came out fine once I cleaned it...
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
If you have a welder grab a nut with about the same size hole, set it on top of the plug and fill er up with weld. Let it cool then work it back and forth and should get it. If weld breaks you can just do it again. This has worked for me several different times.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.