Green Tractor Talk banner

Stripped front axle vent plug, help!

4470 Views 39 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Deere Ol Man
Doing 600 hr service on my 2013 1025r. The vent plug on front axle is stripped. First by a 4mm allen key, then by a Grabit stripped bolt remover bit--which was so hard it basically just shaved away any part of the screw that I could've tried to grab onto lol.

(talking about part no. 20 in this diagram, https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/61723/referrer/navigation/pgId/141081528)

I do have replacement vent plugs already, assuming I can get this out without affecting the threads in the housing, I'm good...

Any ideas for getting this thing out? The other side came out fine once I cleaned it...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Is there enough to get a punch on the edge to get it turning? Not driving toward the threads of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reactions: driveshaft
Air hammer was my first thought until I saw how small it was so manual punch and hammer and patience will be safer.

If you lifted the front axel off the ground with the loader and tipped it back and forth, would the fluid move to the ends faster?
Glad you got it done and didn’t escalate the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.