Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3203 bought used with a lot of stuck pieces. I just recently broke the right side PTO draft link arm in half and ordered a replacement. The problem I'm running into now is getting the fastener pin out. I removed the nut and bolt that hold it in but cannot get the pin to budge. It's at a really odd angle (I may get a better shot at it if I remove the tire) so hammering it directly isn't an option. I've been spraying it for over a week with PB Blaster and just took a set of pickle forks to it without any luck. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,441 Posts
Is it possible to wack on the inside of the lower lift arm? Since the pin has a 90-degree piece on the end wacking on the inside of the lower lift arm near the pin should help to push the pin out.

Do you have an air hammer with a blunt tip that you can apply to the inside of the lower lift arm near the pin?

Reactions: rydplrs

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Spray some PB Blaster and let it soak. Try some heat.

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
I would go with an air hammer or chisel if you can.

Second is rotate the pin to tap a screwdriver under it. Once free it should continue to move.

Pb blaster or another rust penetrating oil is necessary no matter what your doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jgayman - Unfortunately the arm sits in a knuckle, so the knuckle itself would prevent the arm from popping the pin out. I don't have an air hammer but I may be purchasing one in the AM.

Farmer52 - I'm continuing the PB Blaster and have hit it with heat a couple of times. I'll give it another go shortly.

Rydplrs - I've tried a chisel but I haven't tried specifically twisting the pin so I can get something behind the "L" shape. I'll try that next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts