Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some bush hogging the other day, and I kept getting braver and braver till I broke off my tail wheel:hide:
ordered another part from JD...150 bucks:banghead:
The 10 billionth implement repaired by a 6011 rod:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You might want to change the title :hide: :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Sorry couldn’t resist :lol:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
You might want to change the title ...
Hell no! That's the "Title of the Week!" It sure got my attention. :hide:

Nice weld there, Arlen.

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
I’m surprised I haven’t done this yet...

I brush hog around the perimeter of my mowed areas usually this time of year - have to keep the forest from creeping in. I have to back into the 4’-5’ tall weeds the whole way around. I know there are some hidden stumps here and there but can never remember where they actually are.

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
6011 rod eh? Must be an A/C stick welder....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sparkle machine as OC would call it! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m surprised I haven’t done this yet...

I brush hog around the perimeter of my mowed areas usually this time of year - have to keep the forest from creeping in. I have to back into the 4’-5’ tall weeds the whole way around. I know there are some hidden stumps here and there but can never remember where they actually are.
That’s what got me. We cut a bunch of trees last year on the edge of a meadow. This year the weeds grew up 10 feet tall!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6011 rod eh? Must be an A/C stick welder....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, I have a Emerson that I bought at an auction at least 30 years ago, and it looked like it was at least 40 years old at the time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I saved a hundred bucks because someone else stuck their hog in the wrong bush!!!

I mean, they only tore it up a little (you could tell they were amateurs), and I knew I was tooled up to get past the damage pretty easily.

Cost me about 4 hours of bangin' in my garage... but I don't mind doing some the bangin' if it saves me a couple bucks...

I had to put my beer down a couple times when I needed both hands, and I was on my knees a couple times, but for the most part it was a pleasure doing it, as I was in my garage with great lighting and some nice music on.

My work was a little sloppy, but those parts are underneath, where you can't see unless you go looking.

My back was sore for a couple days for sure...

My story...
I saw an ad for a used rotary cutter at a dealer I wont name (not "my" dealer)... called, tried to haggle, and was told "you can see from the photos it's clean, the price I gave you is the price"
Drove an hour away to go get it, and when I saw it with the blue mower deck removed from the top of it, I could see the entire rear of it rolled under. Like.. what use to point back, was pointing front... no bueno.. I don't mean a little... I mean, you could have used it to plow...
(Poor design by the manufacturer.. the rear comes to a point...if you back into anything, it was going underground. Its like Taylor started making a tree spade and then decided to flip it over and make a bush hog out of it instead...odd.. I've reinforced it, and put a "skid" on it to keep it from digging so bad...)

I apologize for not taking pictures of the "before" damage (wasn't thinking pics of a bent hog would interest anyone...)... and maybe I'll take a shot of the "after" and post up.. but here is the picture from the ad for those of you who'd like a laugh... I shoulda seen it comin'...I like to think I'm smarter than I was that day. I made an assumption that because this was a bona fide Deere dealer, that I wouldn't find this kind of behavior. I saved enough money, after some discussion, so that I didn't feel like I was the one gettin' screwed.

taylor 48 small damage.jpg

Edit to add pic of the repaired back end...

rotarycutter.jpg

·
Old Pa-pa
11,432 Posts
Nice repair there Arlen :good2:, all ya need now is to spray some rattle can flat black on it like Gizmo, good as new. :laugh:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Stuck my hog in the wrong bush a couple of times but hey,,, it was the 70s. Back then it was nothing a few days of antibiotics couldn't take care of. :mocking:

Oh WAIT! You were talking about a mower? Yeah I done that wrong once too. I had a buried propane tank I forgot about after 5 years of hounding the gas company to come get it. I went all electric when I built my house. Backed my brush hog over the top of the tank and ruptured the regulator. Fire department had no trouble at all getting the gas company to respond and take care of it. Thanks goodness it didn't explode.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Stuck my hog in the wrong bush a couple of times but hey,,, it was the 70s. Back then it was nothing a few days of antibiotics couldn't take care of. :mocking:

Oh WAIT! You were talking about a mower? Yeah I done that wrong once too. I had a buried propane tank I forgot about after 5 years of hounding the gas company to come get it. I went all electric when I built my house. Backed my brush hog over the top of the tank and ruptured the regulator. Fire department had no trouble at all getting the gas company to respond and take care of it. Thanks goodness it didn't explode.
i had the same thought you had when i saw the topic........i contemplated comment and decided to wait n watch :munch::laugh:

·
Administrator
20,370 Posts
Easy fellas. Calm down. It’s just a tiny weld job, nothing to see here. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts