Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend my dad got his tractor stuck. I yanked on it with the truck but it wouldn't budge, even after jacking it up, just would not move. So my brother brought his "little" tractor up and after a little work got it out.

A week later, and we are headed to pull the my brother's bigger tractor out with an excavator.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Whoa! Not THAT is stuck! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Last weekend my dad got his tractor stuck. I yanked on it with the truck but it wouldn't budge, even after jacking it up, just would not move. So my brother brought his "little" tractor up and after a little work got it out.

A week later, and we are headed to pull the my brother's bigger tractor out with an excavator.

Great pics! It goes to show...sometimes being big and strong ain't enough!

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
I stuck the 2030 on a hidden stump, raised it up enough the rear wheels lost traction. Old Yeller broke a chain trying to pull it off. I ended up jacking it up and blocking under the tires. The 6415 could have probably pulled it off or lifted the rear of the 2030 and got it off, but it was easier to walk home for Old Yeller, then drive back for a jack and cribbing for under the tires, than go to farm and get the 6415.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Holy cow! It's REALLY stuck in the second pic!! I need to go befriend some of the local farmers so WHEN I get stuck, they can bail me out! Crazy!!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
conway1.jpg

Friend of mine was delivering to a property just a few miles from me. Took his truck into the field to unload a pallet at the recipient's barn, then a rain storm moved through while he was there and turned the field to mush. Winched the tractor out from under the trailer and then out to solid ground backwards, turned the truck around and winched it back underneath the trailer so the whole thing was facing the gate, then pulled the whole thing out. Lucky for him that was his last stop, if the truck had been loaded I don't think we ever would've gotten it out without a bigger recovery vehicle.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

Deep! Did you have to throw rafting under the excavator to keep it on the surface or was that just a real soft spot the Deere sunk in?

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
I'm only guessing, I don't think my 1025r would pull either of the two out of the mud, even with chains on the tractor.:dunno: :laugh::laugh:

Wow Dads was bad enough, but I think brother beat him just a tad..:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
and i thought the mud here was bad...:banghead:

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Darn!!!

When he called for help, he wasn't crying Wolf.

That looks like freshly cleared land.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deep! Did you have to throw rafting under the excavator to keep it on the surface or was that just a real soft spot the Deere sunk in?
Not sure of what actually happened. Had been back and forth all day in the area when it sunk. The excavator had no problem getting to it

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Vermeer

What's the Vermeer equipment the big tractor is pulling?

If that's newly cleared ground, i would guess there was stump hole under there somewhere. Flotation is tough when you find one of those.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's the Vermeer equipment the big tractor is pulling?

If that's newly cleared ground, i would guess there was stump hole under there somewhere. Flotation is tough when you find one of those.

Treefarmer
That's a straw blower. Utilizes round bales.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Yesterday,, an 18 wheeler decided to "try out" the shoulder of the road near me.

Obviously,,,, the rain has softened the shoulders,,,, :flag_of_truce:

That section of road could not be more straight,,, BUT,,, there is GREAT cell service,,, :dunno:

This is the second "drive-off" in two weeks,,,

I think they need to post a sign: "DO NOT use your cell phone!!"

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Yesterday,, an 18 wheeler decided to "try out" the shoulder of the road near me.

That section of road could not be more straight,,, BUT,,, there is GREAT cell service,,, :dunno:

Or..."Texting may result in extensive delays!".

·
Registered
21,517 Posts

Your roads are just like ours here - pavement to a little soft shoulder and then the ditch. The shoulder is always lower and will pull you in very easily.

Same thing happened to this guy. There is no cell service around here - the guy said he was looking at some elk across the creek. As you can see he over corrected trying to get back on the pavement and it shot him right into the opposite bank.

IMG_1427.JPG

I guess this is kind off topic......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts