Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Series 1 stump bucket from Todd at CRI (Cold Rolled Industrial). i received it a week ago and used it all week. First I dug a small trench to make an area drain better, second I popped out two bushes that died over the winter, and third I used the bucket to dig into a pile of 2' round river rock that I needed to move. My regular bucket would just skid on the round surfaces of the rock, very frustrating.

The CRI stump bucket just dug right in and the pile of rock got moved after15 years of not wanting to do it by hand.

This bucket is the correct size for the 1025R and was wonderful to use.

rob

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
Aw come on rob! You gotta show us these boulders and ditches you put that thing to work at

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks for the review.

Just to clarify, are you saying the normal bucket could not move a pile of river rock? I've seen several videos showing the 1025R with the regular bucket moving piles of rock.

I plan to have some stone delivered when my 1025R arrives and it would be disappointing if it wasn't able to handle it.

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
He said he’s got some 2 foot size rocks all jam packed into the ground. My Heaby Hitch tooth bar would have a chore getting those out

Reactions: MTB98

·
Registered
231 Posts
He said he’s got some 2 foot size rocks all jam packed into the ground. My Heaby Hitch tooth bar would have a chore getting those out
I guess I misunderstood what he meant.

His post said, "and third I used the bucket to dig into a pile of 2' round river rock that I needed to move."

I interpreted that as a pile of rocks and did not see anything in his post about the rocks being "jam packed into the ground."

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,689 Posts
Thanks for the review.

Just to clarify, are you saying the normal bucket could not move a pile of river rock? I've seen several videos showing the 1025R with the regular bucket moving piles of rock.

I plan to have some stone delivered when my 1025R arrives and it would be disappointing if it wasn't able to handle it.
I think he's been moving river boulders, not small river stones.

Reactions: Zebrafive and TPS

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts

His post said, "and third I used the bucket to dig into a pile of 2' round river rock that I needed to move."

I interpreted that as a pile of rocks and did not see anything in his post about the rocks being "jam packed into the ground."
You’re absolutely right. My mind wanders sometimes. That’s why I like pictures. I’m like a kid with ADD

Reactions: TPS

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
I think he's been moving river boulders, not small river stones.
Yes...he did write 2' (feet), not 2" (inches).

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aw come on rob! You gotta show us these boulders and ditches you put that thing to work at
Ca

My mistake 2 inch river rock moved to a soggy spot in a path we used to go between my daughter's house and ours.

rob

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll get pictures tomorrow!

rob

Reactions: Kbar

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are my pixs.

The trench I dug.

Where the pile of rocks were 2 1/2 feet tall.

Where they went.

And a size reference 2 inches. Got it right this time!

rob

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the pics. So, your regular bucket was having issues moving a pile of 2-inch river rocks?
Yes it just slid up the pile. The rocks had been there for 20 years -- and lots of dirt had worked into the spaces.

\The stump bucket went right in. I had to scoop twice to get a load but not a problem.

Reactions: TPS

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes it just slid up the pile. The rocks had been there for 20 years -- and lots of dirt had worked into the spaces.

\The stump bucket went right in. I had to scoop twice to get a load but not a problem.
Thanks for the info. I've been considering either a stump bucket or the Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar. I'd assume most of the people here will recommend getting both! I know they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info. I've been considering either a stump bucket or the Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar. I'd assume most of the people here will recommend getting both!
I have a HH tooth bar, but the stump bucket was my choice due to more energy can be applied to the smaller area.. Making for good penetration.

rob

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Rob,
I hope some of my replies concerning stump buckets helped narrow your choices, and I'm very glad to see you bought the CRI. Pretty aggressive little bugger to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rob,
I hope some of my replies concerning stump buckets helped narrow your choices, and I'm very glad to see you bought the CRI. Pretty aggressive little bugger to say the least. View attachment 791324
I first had an Artillian, but it was too small for what I wanted. CRI is sized for the 1025R and it does a great job working with the tractor. I have a couple more bushes to extract -- maybe this week.

rob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.