1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not answering your question, but I was looking hard at a stump bucket, based on good reviews on GTT. I rented a mini excavator last weekend, and after seeing how far I had to dig down and out to the side of even a smaller stump (5-8 inches) to pry it out with the excavator, I changed my mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not answering your question, but I was looking hard at a stump bucket, based on good reviews on GTT. I rented a mini excavator last weekend, and after seeing how far I had to dig down and out to the side of even a smaller stump (5-8 inches) to pry it out with the excavator, I changed my mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What he said

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I looked hard at a stump bucket,, but, not for digging stumps.

I wanted to buy one with a grapple, to move branches.
Sometimes, it is hard to get big branches to "fold" enough to get the branch into a grapple.
Small stuff, yes,, but, 6 inch branches are not going to fold.

I felt like the long length of the stump bucket would resolve that issue some.
There is one version called an "Extreme" Stump Bucket that is crazy long,,

When I was done moving branches, the stump bucket looks like it could double as a trenching bucket?? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I use an Artillian Hoe bucket to take up stumps. It takes a bit of time to use this probably compared to a back hoe but it works very well. I removed this stump with the hoe bucket. Yesterday I removed a pine tree stump that test the limits of the reach of my 3025e FEL. If you don't already have an artillian backing plate then this is not exactly a cheap solution but if you do then it is.

I think a dedicated stump bucket like you are showing will work just fine on stumps just do not expect it be a fast and easy process. However, it beats having to dig them up by hand!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts