Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years; 4 exploded clutch disks, 2 twisted PTO shafts, 4 broken pivot bearings, dozens of stumps OBLITERATED, and I've just now lost my first teeth to rocks.

20180726_202138.jpg

And truth be told, these were actually turning rocks into dust a few times before I hit one hard enough to break the carbides.

With 4 broken teeth, and one broken pocket (what the tooth brackets are called) bolt, none of the pockets were damaged enough to require replacing.

Greenteeth are awesome!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
jim timber-are u grinding stumps at ur ground, for ur house build? or are u out grinding for the public, trying to make a extra buck? would love to see another video of it in action:unknown::good2:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were only 3 stumps left in the house site, and I did those first. I hit a apple tree stump for a neighbor as a kindness (they don't know it's gone yet :) ), and then I got to work grinding on the skid trail leading to my 4 acre "food plot" on the SW corner of our property. I made it all the way to the edge of the clearing before calling it quits last night. The majority of broken carbides were on one side, so I was still able to grind in the other direction. However, doing that is what broke my pocket bolt. Oh well.

I was going to bring the grinder home with me, but my transmission is losing fluid when towing (pump seal is failing), so I'm out of that option until I get the truck fixed. It's got 273K, so if it's coming out it's getting rebuilt. I'm not sure what that'll cost yet, but I know I don't have it. :(

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I moved some teeth around and put the broken ones in the inner most pockets (to protect the pockets), so I'm still able to use the grinder since I never bought spare teeth.

The distributor's in the metro, so I'll get replacements when I'm home.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
Has your hand healed? What's it been, 6 months ago?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts