Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you pick up/attach an implement with an Imatch, do you have to put the levers up or can you just grab the implement and go? It looks/feels like the locking bars will just push back. I know it works (picked up something without lifting the latches), but is it OK ?

Here's hoping the only stupid question is one that is not asked... :unknown:

Pete

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes. If you keep the levers down the locking mechanism will spring out of the way and it will just click in. No need to reach back or get off of your machine.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
If the implement is heavy enough to trip the latching mechanism, I leave the levers down; but a light weight implement (e.g. carryall, empty sprayer) won't do that, so I put the lever up, then latch manually after the implement is attached.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
If the implement is heavy enough to trip the latching mechanism, I leave the levers down; but a light weight implement (e.g. carryall, empty sprayer) won't do that, so I put the lever up, then latch manually after the implement is attached.
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif: Well said.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Can the internals on these be repaired? I have one at my shop and the one side is not sprining back?
Anything can be repaired. It depends on construction and materials. I would think that with the simplicity of this mechanism and materials with which it is made, it should be easily fixed. My philosophy on something like this first is an easy fix compared to its' replacement cost. And second, it is already broken, i can not break it any more.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
JDParts is a wonderful thing, and best of all it's free to register and use. If you need help with it there is a quick tutorial linked in my signature.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never seen the adjustable top one either.

Tnx for the parts break-down, an exploded parts diagram is worth 2000 words.

I should have thought of that, I'm registered at the JD parts site (and kennyd's tutorial is great!).

tnx.

Pete

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
I dont think you guys caught what i caught....
One of them has an adjustable top link hook...never seen a JD one with the Adj. Toplink ever...
I got it...I thought that was the CAT2 version, but after searching I am not so sure. Doesn't matter though...I think the adjustable TL hook is not needed.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I am with Kenny. Adjusting the top link to fit each implement would suck! At that point I would rather use pats easy hitch....:cray:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I feel the same on the Adj. Toplink hook...The minute you start having to adjust it up and down, you dont have a quick hitch anymore... I was just more startled then anything when I saw it, like I said, I've NEVER seen one...not in any JD Literature, Pics, online, or in person...

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I dont think you guys caught what i caught....
One of them has an adjustable top link hook...never seen a JD one with the Adj. Toplink ever...
About time Deere put an adjustable top link hook on the iMatch. I agree that in a perfect world, one would't be needed; but not all implement manufacturers follow ASAE QH standards. Plus an adjustable top-link hook is helpful to have in case converted implements can't be made to ASAE QH standards without a lot of headache. My Deere ballast box being one of them.

I bought the LandPride QH over the Deere because JD didn't have an adjustable top hook.

Since I use cotter rings to secure the top hook pins, it's not that bad to readjust the hook if necessary...and I'm one lazy SOB.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dave,
I caught the adjustable hook too but much prefer the standardized approach to all of my implements. I try to buy IMatch ready implements and any custom implements I build are IMatch compatible from the start.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Well...unfortunately the pic of the one with the adj. top hook is an old iMatch, the fixed hook is the new/current unit...so I dont think you'll ever see one from Deere.
Well, that's definitely one way to get people to only purchase Deere/Frontier implements.

But as we all know, Deere and any other company doesn't always make the best implement for a given task.

I would definitely like to see more stringent adherence to the ASAE QH standards by implement manufacturers; but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would definitely like to see more stringent adherence to the ASAE QH standards by implement manufacturers; but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.
Agreed, I wish everybody would adhere to the ASAE QH Standards...both on the implement side and for the hitch MFG's... It would greatly help our cause if the HF hitch was a true ASAE QH.

BUT, I will say that one benefit to the Frontier line of implements is the ever expanding list of Frontier iMatch compatible attachments. Example...The 2007 Model Year Blizzard/RAD Blowers were NOT imatch compatible, in 08 Deere/Frontier introduced the snowblowe lineup which was from RAD...I'm sure RAD was required to make the blower iMatch compatible, and why make 2 versions? So because of Deere requested iMatch, the OEM Version of the blower got updated to iMatch compatibility as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
To my way of thinking it is far easier to convert most implements to IMatch than to fight with them everytime I need to use it. For the new guy starting out with few implements he may want to wait awhile as the actual implements may be more needful than the IMatch. Once you have several implements to choose from quick changes become more important. I used to dread having to change the implements out by myself and would find myself procrastinating trying to make sure I had everything done I could do before changing. Now I can change them at will in a minute or so, I find this helps me alot.

The same holds true for the front skidsteer attachments too, couldn't be easier unless I had the hydraulic locking that some Kubotas' have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts