Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what we came up with. We use our standard receiver and fish plate and custom drill holes to line up with all brands of tractors funky factory hitch ball mount (usually four holes). It replaces the entire center plate on the fixed draw bar. With this method you do not have anything protruding rear ward unless you need it. A hitch ball insert can be used with or without the ball. Receiver Bracket 001.jpg
Of course we paint it to match our customers rig. I have a picture of one on a customers Kubota BX but I can't find it.:unknown:

OOOps just found the pics:good2: IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0124.JPG

·
Registered
129 Posts
I want one!!!

Can I get the plate pre-drilled to line up with the holes on the hitch plate of my 1026R tractor?? I'd also like the nuts, bolts and washers to mount it. Of course, I'd be very happy to be the first in my neighborhood to buy the kit :) I already have your transformer and weight hitch. I've found it to be an excellent choice instead of the ballast box :good2:

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hitch Plate Production

I need a sketch of the hole sizes and locations on the 1026. As you can see the template we have is for the orange brand of tractor

·
Administrator
21,541 Posts
Here are some dimensions and pics

Here's the factory hitch plate installed

IMG_1931.JPG

Here it is on the bench

IMG_1934.JPG

Here is a terrible sketch of the dimensions. I'm sure it's built by metric standards, however I included standard as well. I rounded up when needed.

IMG_1937.JPG

The 4 mounting bolts are slotted about 1/8" laterally on the mounting frames.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beta testing

Brian I am sending one to Barry in Yakima tomorrow for fitment testing. They are painted with JD Green enamel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow...I like how that came out. Deere had an accessory like this for my x585 and I really liked it. I hope you will have these available soon! Do you need another beta tester from the northeast?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Beta Testing Report for new 1026R 2" Receiver Hitch = Perfect!

I received the finished prototype of the Omni-Mfg replacement hitch plate with 2" receiver in today's mail. It was painted John Deere Green and came predrilled with holes for safety chains or "D" Rings. I used the OEM nuts and bolts from my old hitch plate and the thing fits like a glove. It's a vast improvement over the OEM hitch plate. With the 2" receiver you can put any manner of rise or drop hitch on your tractor. Another big plus is, you can mount a "D" ring in the 2" receiver and use that as a tie down point for trailering your tractor or pulling something. IMO it's a must have addition to the 1 Series Sub-Compact Tractor. Please see the attached pictures :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,633 Posts
Wow, that sure is a great looking addition! I think that is a great product and it should be a huge seller!

·
Administrator
21,541 Posts
Nice pics Barry

I think you're right Kenny! Looks like Omni has another winner in their line-up.:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,633 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Administrator
21,541 Posts
Here the link to Omni's website where you can purchase the 1 series hitch.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I got my JD 2" receiver hitch for my 1026R on the tractor over the weekend and immediately put it to use with a sleave hitch and shackle to pull some grapevines from the ground with my grub hugger or whatever the hell it's called. Replacing the receiver hitch was fairly simple, all the holes lined up perfectly and if you can attach 4 bolts you can do it with your eyes closed. The only complication was breaking the nuts on the original setup as JD had obviously used a 1500lb gorilla to tighten them. A breaker bar and 18mm socket did the trick.

One thing I did that might be unusual is use an 11" receiver bar, so it sticks out quite a bit. I did that because I have a Trac-Vac 880 and I want to be able to tow that without removing the imatch, we'll find out if that works in a few short weeks.

I'd recommend this item from Omni for your 1026R.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
Omni Hitch is great!!!!!!!

I picked up my new 1025R last Tuesday and had already ordered this 2 inch receiver hitch to have it ready to install. I recommend this hitch for every 1026R/1023E/1025R owner. I use either a 4 inch drop hitch mount turned over for a 4 inch rise or a clevis hitch mount with this. I also am able to use an aluminum carry all for a 2 inch receiver that I bought from Harbor Freight on sale. This ought to be a standard item from JD, but since it is not, I really appreciate Omni for being willing to develop this and our beta tester for helping.

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 17 of 17 Posts