Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 4520 SubCompact 400CX loader E hyrdo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been stumped on this one for a couple weeks. I have a 2011 JD 4520 Subcompact engine serial greater then 6500. Engine 4024HLV11. 420 hours on unit.

Error Code 59- No one could find the code and JD corporate stopped their support which is nice of them. but with some research and confusion between the 1969 4520 and the subcompact 4520, I've read anything from reverse pedal position sensor, no ground driven pump pressure, hydro speed control.

204 and 226 I could not find much on these two either. Had someone hook a diagnostic tool to my tractor and got, SPN 189 engine speed, SPN 237 FMI=31 condition exist, 134 Fuel Temp, FMI=12 SPN 2003 SRC ADD 3.

Ive replaced the hyrdo sonar control,
Fuel Filter replaced
Tested the OHM and VOLTS on the reverse pedal sensor. Tested 1-5volt resting at .5Volt
***Engine oil change, was 20 hours overdue, when i replaced the engine oil filter i noticed there was no oil in it, maybe it went to suction because it was dirty?
Transmission oil change and filters, was about a year over due.
Air Filters Changed

The tractor sat in the garage before this happen, no issues, went to start it up one day and error Code 59 popped up, the idle automatically goes down and the tractor will on crawl at a low speed. Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Been stumped on this one for a couple weeks. I have a 2011 JD 4520 Subcompact engine serial greater then 6500. Engine 4024HLV11. 420 hours on unit.

Error Code 59- No one could find the code and JD corporate stopped their support which is nice of them. but with some research and confusion between the 1969 4520 and the subcompact 4520, I've read anything from reverse pedal position sensor, no ground driven pump pressure, hydro speed control.
Error code 59 is indicating that the VIN number stored in the Transmission Control Unit (TCU) computer does not match the VIN number in the Instrument Control Cluster (ICC)

204 and 226 I could not find much on these two either. Are these showing up as ERR_ on the display? Are you sure its not 204 and 206?
204 is the voltage is not dropping from the ECU when the key switch is shutting off
206 is the same as SPN 189

Had someone hook a diagnostic tool to my tractor and got, Was it the John Deere Service Advisor Tool, or something else?
SPN 189 engine speed This one is just telling you that the engine speed is derated due to another fault,

SPN 237 FMI=31 condition exist, This one is a general message telling you that VIN messages on the CAN bus are missing or controllers on the CAN buss are not responding in the required time

134 Fuel Temp, Is this an error code or SPN? Are you sure it's not 174? I believe that the fuel temp sensor is wired back to the Engine Control Unit (ECU) I don't know what that Error means...safe to say that the reading is out of range for what the computer expects, like an open or short in the circuit.

FMI=12 SPN 2003 SRC ADD 3. This is essentially the ERR_59 indicating a VIN Mismatch in the TCU/ICC

Ive replaced the hyrdo sonar control, What is this?
Fuel Filter replaced
Tested the OHM You can't Ohm these sensors. They output a voltage. They are not rotary potentiometers and VOLTS on the reverse pedal sensor. Tested 1-5volt resting at .5Volt Sounds about right
***Engine oil change, was 20 hours overdue, when i replaced the engine oil filter i noticed there was no oil in it, maybe it went to suction because it was dirty?
Transmission oil change and filters, was about a year over due.
Air Filters Changed

The tractor sat in the garage before this happen, no issues, went to start it up one day and error Code 59 popped up, the idle automatically goes down and the tractor will on crawl at a low speed. Any help would be awesome!
Welcome to the forum
See my comments above in red:

You could have an issue with your TCU, but I would make sure that your battery and connections are healthy. the TCU computer has 1 high quality plug that is gasketed and bolted on. you could just look at that for the fun of it. All of the grounds on an open station go back to the front frame on the left side. You could check those.
You need to make sure that you have solid power to all of the computers.
Unhook the battery and give everything a good reset.
Check the integrity of the CAN bus communication wires between the 3 computer units.

You can enter the diagnostic mode and see what sensors are reading from the Instrument Cluster Display.

If the problem isn't power/ground related, I think you will need a JD tech to download the TCU computer, or possibly replace it.
It does seem that you might have some wire integrity issues, so I wouldn't be too quick to replace component.

That's about all the time I have until we see if you are a "One Post Wonder"
Oh, and give all the wires a quick look for mouse damage

·
Registered
2011 4520 SubCompact 400CX loader E hyrdo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Arlen, Thank you for your reply I will check over all the wires, grounds, and plugs again.

206 and 224 were showing up as errors on the dash along with the err59.
The diagnostic tool i used is pictured below....

The sensor I replaced was LVA17409 maybe radar not sonar sensor they called it at Deere. It goes on the transmission and from what I understood measured the speed. i attached a photo of it, I replaced the top sensor. I had a leak on my transmission at the flange opposite the location the strainer filter (the area of the leak is in the photo below, the lower right corner of the trasmision , its a flange with two bolts and a plug in the middle of it. looks like a place for an optional sensor to be replaced. I thought maybe the leak caused the sensors to go bad.

I also have a engine coolant leak behind the water pump cover. I thought maybe the temp sensor got messed up or the ground that is located near where my leak was.

Again, Thank you for your reply and Im going to check more connections....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.