Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Frontier PS 1001 subsoiler to use for various projects. Dealer gave me a decent price of $200. It Should be in any day. From what I have read on the forum it seems to be a tight fit re: ground clearance on the 1025. I found one post where a 1023 owner said it was a few inches off the ground at highest 3pt lift. Has anyone used one on a 1025? Wondering if I will have to fabricate brackets to raise it a bit. I want to get it in service right away. Going to bury some underground feeder for accent lighting, sprinkler lines and rip some small roots to start. If clearance is a problem I can start fabricating brackets so would love to know how tight to the ground it is on a 1025.

Thanks,
Don

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
50 Posts
I purchased a Frontier PS 1001 subsoiler to use for various projects. Dealer gave me a decent price of $200. It Should be in any day. From what I have read on the forum it seems to be a tight fit re: ground clearance on the 1025. I found one post where a 1023 owner said it was a few inches off the ground at highest 3pt lift. Has anyone used one on a 1025? Wondering if I will have to fabricate brackets to raise it a bit. I want to get it in service right away. Going to bury some underground feeder for accent lighting, sprinkler lines and rip some small roots to start. If clearance is a problem I can start fabricating brackets so would love to know how tight to the ground it is on a 1025.

Thanks,
Don
Don,

I am interested in your experience with this. I have a new 1025r and am needing to use a subsoiler as well. I assume by now that you've used it and liked it... or returned it?

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
I'm interested in the comments as well. I have the same subsoiler and use it on a 2720. I can only get it a few inches off the ground.

If you find you don't have enough ground clearance you can always lengthen the top-link until you get to where you will be using it. That will raise the tip of the blade higher.

If it makes any difference I have mine attached to the iMatch.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
I'm interested in the comments as well. I have the same subsoiler and use it on a 2720. I can only get it a few inches off the ground.

If you find you don't have enough ground clearance you can always lengthen the top-link until you get to where you will be using it. That will raise the tip of the blade higher.

If it makes any difference I have mine attached to the iMatch.
jgayman---:dunno:is this item-ur talking about frontier subsoiler--would that be the same thing i bought off the fella who moved down to TN. and traded his 1025R for a 4005? aw-and has a donkey named -blackjack.:munch:

mine has a shovel plow on-and i only have used it once last summer. but with that plow on, i can lift it ok.:dunno:eek:f what i've done so far.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
jgayman---:dunno:is this item-ur talking about frontier subsoiler--would that be the same thing i bought off the fella who moved down to TN. and traded his 1025R for a 4005? aw-and has a donkey named -blackjack.:munch:

mine has a shovel plow on-and i only have used it once last summer. but with that plow on, i can lift it ok.:dunno:eek:f what i've done so far.
I don't know about all that but this is the PS1001.

PS1001a.png

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I lost a little of the depth due to welding up brackets so it can be mounted on my 1025's quick hitch without scraping the ground. It works great. Going to fabricate a wider tooth and possibly a shank "V" to cut slightly wider slots for sprinkler and electric etc..... I also could fabricate another set of brackets so the tooth is a hair off the ground if I need a deeper cutting depth.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I lost a little of the depth due to welding up brackets so it can be mounted on my 1025's quick hitch without scraping the ground. It works great. Going to fabricate a wider tooth and possibly a shank "V" to cut slightly wider slots for sprinkler and electric etc..... The angle of the pics I posted make it look short but it's not that short, I've lost about 3" of cutting depth.
Looks great. The pics are very helpful. Looks like it'll work just fine for my needs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the Heavy Hitch subsoiler and while it has been really useful for pulling up roots, I haven't found it to be the right tool for me for burying PVC pipe or cable. We have really sandy soil and the sand just falls back into the trench as I pull the plow along. At least it loosens things up so I can complete the trench by hand. I think that it would do better in a more clay-type soil.

Nice job with the mods.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
I don't know about all that but this is the PS1001.

View attachment 361218
mr. jgayman-:bigthumb: yes-that is what i bought off that fella. but it had a plow on it. i have the sub soiler i bought off of Agr-supply. the one that has the pipe layer with it-well u have to buy both separately. the big pipe layer didn't work good here at my place. i took the subsoiler to a friend of mine and we built or modded a pipe that was smaller,and bolted it to the ripper. then made a bracket to hold the spool of wire i buried for a doggy fence.:hide: sorry no pics for now.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
mr. jgayman-:bigthumb: yes-that is what i bought off that fella. but it had a plow on it.
That sounds like the Middle Buster (PM1001).

PM1001.png

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
One thing I like about the Heavy Hitch subsoiler is the adjustable depth, and that it can easily be 'turned upside down' for travel so that it does not drag. I don't show the latter in this video. Folks pointed this out in the comments. After feeling a bit stupid for not thinking of it myself, I quickly adopted the idea as my own :laugh:

·
Registered
452 Posts
From the looks of your 3pt adjustable lift arm, it's extended an inch or so...probably to level out an attachment...and costing you a bit of height. I had read where others here had replaced their non-adjustable link with an adjustable link, to gain a couple of inches of implement lift with both links adjusted fully up, so I did the same. It was a well spent $50 or so amount...don't remember the exact cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts