Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bonjour David! What do you plan to do with a subsoiler?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I want to make a trench to plant young trees (they have about 6inches roots).
I have about 2000 of those to plant so a subsoiler would help a lot.

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply.
I thought the ps10 was too long for the max height of the 3pth.

How much clearance does it have from the ground when at max height?

David

·
Corndog Hater
11,265 Posts
I have dug some nice trenches with my middlebuster on my 1026R. I bought it from Omni to use with their Transformer hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a nortrac subsoiler from northern tool. About $100-125. I thought that the angle of the subsoiler would draw it into the ground but my soil was hard in spots. I welded a peice of flat stock to it to hang 8 suitcase weights on. With that kind of weight it will bury the ripper tooth all the way down 1-2'. I added a peice of conduit bent at a 90 deg angle lay in wire for an invisible dog fence. Worked great, maybe a little too deep. A friend used it to bury power wire 1' deep for 200' to his shed.

I planted 2500 trees on my hunting land, the subsoiler probably would work if you had someone following you dropping the trees in. We used a special tree plow that 2 guys ride on behind a tractor. It was available from our local soil and water conservation district ( where I bought the trees as well). The tree plow had a set of corn planter style wheels on the back to close the furrow, something that the subsoiler wouldn't have.

Subsoiler behind the 1025r
Tree plow behind the jd3010 but I think the 1025 would have pulled it.

I can take pic of the subsoiler mods if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
I have a Middlebuster , don't use it very much but does a good job.

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for all this useful information.

I wanted to use a subsoiler to help us with this tool (Le plantoir-extracteur | Outil de plantation | Dendrotik)
The subsoiler would break the soil and the guys using the "planter" would have less difficulty to plant the trees.

The middle buster could do the job too.

About the Heavy Hitch, I guess you fix it to something like that (https://heavyhitch.com/store/category-1-hitch/category-1-hitch-and-bracket-for-suitcase-weights/). It would allow me to adjust the depth dynamically. Right?
I'm new to tractor world so excuse my questions!

Thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
About the Heavy Hitch, I guess you fix it to something like that (https://heavyhitch.com/store/category-1-hitch/category-1-hitch-and-bracket-for-suitcase-weights/). It would allow me to adjust the depth dynamically. Right?
I'm new to tractor world so excuse my questions!

Thanks.
Yes, using our 2" receiver mounted to your 3 point would allow you to hang weights to provide down pressure and the attachment would be adjustable by raising or lowering the 3 point as well as using the adjustment holes on the adapter itself to provide more adjustment.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, that is a good alternative! Do you have Canadian Dealers?

Do you guys know any other tools/options that would help me with this task?
I just want to make sure I choose the right tool.

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts