Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two M12-1.25 x 70mm bolts to use as alignment pins for putting the tractor wheels back on my 1025. I hated to do it but I had to cut the heads off the bolts and then round off the ends of the shanks to make them smooth, not only to the touch but to make the wheels slip onto the shanks easier (kinda make shift lugs). That is how I made my alignment pins.
There is a spacer that bolts on to the axle to not only widen the stance of the tractor but provides lugs like most cars and trucks. I would think this would be a really good thing but because of the price tag, I will put it way at the bottom of my wish list. BTW; if anyone is interested, this is where I found them… Bro-Tek (Kubota type site but they also cater to JD).

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
When I made a set for the 6415, I also cut a slot on the smooth end. For using a screwdriver to remove after use. So far I have not need them. The 6415 has 18.4-34" loaded wheel/tires. No idea what one of those weighs.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Heavy stuff

When I made a set for the 6415, I also cut a slot on the smooth end. For using a screwdriver to remove after use. So far I have not need them. The 6415 has 18.4-34" loaded wheel/tires. No idea what one of those weighs.:dunno:
Depending on the tire brand, it's a bit above 200 lbs for the tire. I'd guess another 800-1,000 lbs in water/beet juice depending on what you use and how full it is. I'm not sure about the rim weight but again, not light. You could easily be around 1,400-1,300 lbs per side.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
Depending on the tire brand, it's a bit above 200 lbs for the tire. I'd guess another 800-1,000 lbs in water/beet juice depending on what you use and how full it is. I'm not sure about the rim weight but again, not light. You could easily be around 1,400-1,300 lbs per side.

Treefarmer
Tire is Goodyear radial. I do not know the percent fill. It is calcium chloride (not my choice, previous owner install), but assume it's 90%. I guess I could go to JDparts and find out the weight of the rim and center.

At some point I need to take the left rear off. I have fuel tank skid plate I want to install.

·
Registered
21,517 Posts
Tire is Goodyear radial. I do not know the percent fill. It is calcium chloride (not my choice, previous owner install), but assume it's 90%. I guess I could go to JDparts and find out the weight of the rim and center.

At some point I need to take the left rear off. I have fuel tank skid plate I want to install.
Maybe this will help?

TireBallastChart.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts