Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
JD 445 garden tractor, 54" deck
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an auction for a JD 3 pt Tiller that had been used on a 425 series JD Tractor. My 445 has nothing but the tractor and the mower deck. On rear: just a large black U shaped steel bracket with a trailer ball mounted in middle. Nothing for adapting front or rear end equipment. No extra hoses either.
-- What additional adapters or parts needed? Guessing: 3 pt hitch at least!
-- Looks to be in good shape, see pics. Auction at about $400. New, it appears these go for around $2500 without the 3 pt hitch.

What should my top end offer be?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
-- What additional adapters or parts needed? Guessing: 3 pt hitch at least!
You will need a 3-point hitch and rear PTO. Each may be quite expensive, especially the rear PTO. When I evaluated this when I purchased my 445 new in 1997, I decided to rent a tiller (hardware store with rentals just 2 blocks away) when I needed one. I later found a nice JD tiller for my 430 which had rear PTO and 3PT.

You can check JD parts for rear PTO kit parts cost...then you will have to install. Same for 3-point hitch (you may need a different rock shaft too?)

·
Registered
JD 445 garden tractor, 54" deck
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell on the pics it appears it is hydraulically driven, so can't I use the hydraulic output on front left side of my 445 instead of PTO?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Your hydro outputs near footrests don't have the flow required to run tiller. It appears to be hydraulic tiller so don't need rear PTO. The pump on these mounts under the tractor where the mid-PTO shaft comes off heading to mower deck. There is a bracket required to hold the pump (shown in pic) in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts