Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my 1023e mostly for dragging and leveling my horse arena. Right now I do that with the box scrapper it came with. I am looking at a landscape rake also. The box scrapper moves too much material when I am really trying to just level and smooth. Any one have any other suggestions for what attachment to use. I want to keep it as cost effective as possible. Thanks

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts

·
Registered
12,253 Posts
I knew that Jake was an extraordinary young man, but I was not aware of his invention.

The US needs more Jakes.:usa

·
Registered
140 Posts
A plain old drag harrow works good. I've heard of guys just dragging big tires around if the ground is already loosened up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you tried turning the rippers around on the box blade? Then set the rippers at the same level as the blade and it should smooth rather than dig. Works good on the final pass on roads/driveways.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That jakes rake looks pretty cool. I remember as a kid my dad sending me out with an old bed frame and cinder blocks to level out the areas I rutted up with the four wheeler. Granted most of that was a loose sandy soil. Worked decent considering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts