Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've Googled around but haven't found anything.

I have a fused 8 AWG wire going into a cab. I'm installing a switch box for accessories (LED light bars and a beacon) where each switch/circuit on the box is individually fused and each has an independent power source wire (4 switches == 8 wires). I'm looking for a clean way to connect the heavy wire to 4 of the 18 AWG wires from the box plus a 5th wire from the wiper motor. Unclean option #1 is to just wrap, solder and insulate the 5 wires to the power feed.

This is what I am going to use for switching.

I would like some kind of compact junction/distribution block to both make the installation neater and allow for expansion.

Is anyone aware of such a thing?

Al

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
You might look for sulley bears post from when he wired up some extra items in his 1025R Mauser cab. Seems like he did something similar.

Reactions: AlKozak

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
I've Googled around but haven't found anything.

I have a fused 8 AWG wire going into a cab. I'm installing a switch box for accessories (LED light bars and a beacon) where each switch/circuit on the box is individually fused and each has an independent power source wire (4 switches == 8 wires). I'm looking for a clean way to connect the heavy wire to 4 of the 18 AWG wires from the box plus a 5th wire from the wiper motor. Unclean option #1 is to just wrap, solder and insulate the 5 wires to the power feed.

This is what I am going to use for switching.

I would like some kind of compact junction/distribution block to both make the installation neater and allow for expansion.

Is anyone aware of such a thing?

Al
Here is a link to nice little fuse blocks you could use and a good price. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xblue+sea+fuse+box.TRS0&_nkw=blue+sea+fuse+block&_sacat=0

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I did something similar awhile back. Please see this post.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Search: "7 way trailer junction box" on eBay. They are made to connect the 7 wire trailer plug and pigtail to the trailers wiring. You could hook up your power wire to one stud and then "daisy chain" to each additional stud for each additional circuit. With a cover that is easy to access if you want add circuits or make changes. $7 shipped :drinks:

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Picture of the 7 way junction box

Attachments

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
724 Posts
Check out Blue Sea marine electric wiring products.

Reactions: keane
1 - 10 of 10 Posts