Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I purchased my 2032R about a 1 1/2 years ago I did lots of research on the web (including looking at GTT, finally joined) I went with the Artillian diverter, grapple-rack-grapple, 4 port diverter, and a JD Fork Frame, plus a pair of forks. I ordered the Artillian system thru my JD dealer and he did all the install, setup, etc. I included it in the price of the new 2032R and is part of my 0% financing. (New 2032r) for details.
I have NOT use the folks yet (I have not yet found a need that would have me attempt to remove the heavy grapples (Thanks to DanW for the #'s of a grapple) off the frame to then put on the forks). Some setup is required when I go to use the grapple since I keep the FEL w/o bucket mounted to the 2032, attached the grapple system to fel arms, install pin and connect up the hydraulics with 4 quick connect couplers.
I love my grapple system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,
I have a 1025R that I picked up used last year. I had a new 120R loader installed, and purchased the pallet forks that go with it.
This winter, I had some trees cleared on my land, I had them cut into 6-8' lengths. It looks like an early spring, and I would like to remove the cut-up sections.
It is low land by the river, so I will have to wait a bit before I drive around down there without tearing it up.
So, anyway, my question for the group is ....
What do people recommend for the job? I'm leaning towards a grapple, but which one?
I've seen grapples that use the loader frame, ones that get added to the loader bucket, but each of these require an additional hydraulic line/splitter, etc
I've seen one that attaches to the front quick hitch frame.
Or am I just as well off to use the loader bucket (I have added Ken's Bolt On Hooks), or the pallet forks?
If people think I should use a bucket add-on or addition to loader frame, what does it take to add the additional hydraulics?
What have your experiences been with Grapples?
View attachment 731352
The pallet forks will do the job, but get some chain to keep the logs on the fork. You don't want them rolling off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Based on your photos, I don't think a 1025R is a large enough tractor to handle the job. I have both a JD 4600 and a JD 5520. I think you need something along the lines of a 4600 or similar, especially with a heavy grapple. Grapple's are really great. Have you thought about selling your 1025R and getting a larger tractor with a grapple already installed? That avenue might save you some money. I use forks most often. I had some fork extensions made which really helps with brush, but these are very dangerous to use if you don't know how to avoid overloading them with too much weight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have a 1025R that I picked up used last year. I had a new 120R loader installed, and purchased the pallet forks that go with it.
This winter, I had some trees cleared on my land, I had them cut into 6-8' lengths. It looks like an early spring, and I would like to remove the cut-up sections.
It is low land by the river, so I will have to wait a bit before I drive around down there without tearing it up.
What do people recommend for the job? I'm leaning towards a grapple, but which one?
I've seen grapples that use the loader frame, ones that get added to the loader bucket, but each of these require an additional hydraulic line/splitter, etc
Or am I just as well off to use the loader bucket (I have added Ken's Bolt On Hooks), or the pallet forks?
If people think I should use a bucket add-on or addition to loader frame, what does it take to add the additional hydraulics?
View attachment 731352
I have a 1025R with loader, forks, backhoe, box blade. I have moved enormous amounts of Timber in 6-8’+ lengths. My favorite implement are my forks! Load them up tilt it back and sometimes secure with ratchet straps (for my use typically not necessary). You’ll want rear weight to offset the load!!! I have my rear tires filled with beet juice and when lifting/transporting heavy front loads I usually have my backhoe or box blade attached. It is amazing the amount of clearing I’ve been able to do with that little beast and the forks! I can see how useful a grapple would be, but I’ve not been handicapped at all without one because of the forks! Luv my forks - bought the Ford forks and saved a bunch of moolah! I too have wetlands down one side of my property. I’ve gotten a little too confident/aggressive a couple times and got’er stuck! Thank god for that backhoe lifting the backend, pivoting etc along with a little help from the Silverado and a 30,000 # tow strap so be careful. You can easily do the job with the forks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
What have your experiences been with Grapples
Hi,
View attachment 731352
Hi,
View attachment 731352
Brush Crusher /Westendorf
I love mine. No hydraulics, runs off bucket hydros. They paid for themselves for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What does this quote from their website mean:
NOTICE
Root rake top lid is designed for raking loose material backwards and not intended to pry or pull embedded objects such as roots or stumps.
It means to use the bottom tines that were designed to be used to drag and yank roots and pry and all the stuff that the warning says not to do with the lid. The lid is attached with hydraulic cylinders which can be over-pressurized or bent if you use the lid to do the things the lower rake was meant for. that said, i have abused my 60" wicked grapple and no issues.

The owner of the company was stress testing the 66" grapple and bent the loader arms of a Kubota 7060, but the grapple was fine.

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
No, sorry, I don't think I do. And I assume you mean pictures of a load I've picked up and not the grapple itself. Correct?
No I meant pictures of the grapple.

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
I can see how useful a grapple would be, but I’ve not been handicapped at all without one because of the forks! Luv my forks
Use what you've got, however I wouldn't trade my grapple for all the forks in the world.

With every tree there are piles and piles of limbs and brush.

And then there are the 2 and 3 foot diameter logs. 4 foot of 36" diameter oak is a full load for a 3 series. And then there are the hills.

Once the grapple takes a bite, it is mine, all mine, and I put it where I want it without ever getting off the tractor.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm with DanW. I have my 1023e being delivered some time this week and my grapple solution will be identical to his, a 100% JD solution. Best price I could find for a real grapple with 3rd function hydraulics, not a diverter, but full third function and installed by the dealer.

And DanW, you're driving me crazy with your pictures, so much so that I drool and my wife thinks I'm having a stroke.

And it was delivered today, so now I can drool on my own pictures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an ANBO grapple on a 5100M and it is the best money I have ever spent on a tractor attachment. A grapple makes cleaning up brush and tree tops so easy. Less than a month after I bought it, we had a tornado cross part of my father-in-laws farm. The grapple made such a difference in cleaning up the debris. Ther is a learning curve but once you get the hang of it you will definately be glad you made the investment. My only advice is the closer the tine placement the easier the job of cleaning up small stuff and in my research only ANBO gives you a choice. They do not build a grapple until you order it so you can specify tine placement. Always remember to be careful. SWH

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
From ear to ear Dan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a grapple and diverter from Artillian for my 2032R and it has been a real workhorse.

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Dear GTT Forum Members

Thanks for the comments on Artillian grapples and diverters.

Our modular pallet fork frame & grapple system is designed with the sub & compact tractors in mind – lightweight and strong (3000lb lift capacity) engineered to maximize performance.

If you’re doing research, please check out our site for details on the modular components we offer at www.artillian.com Please take time to check out some of the other attachments we offer – a front hoe trenching bucket, Hydraulic Diverter Kits, our Aluminum Universal Canopy line, and much more.

Please stay safe in these “interesting” times. Our team remains available to assist you in any way we can.

Best,

The Artillian Sales Team

DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0336.JPG

41 - 57 of 57 Posts