Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new Adjustable Ball mount for the 2017 Ford F-350. 2-1/2' Receiver or 3". Must handle a 2" and or a 2-5/8". 10,000LBS or better. Oh, and it needs to be a 8" drop.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Looking for a new Adjustable Ball mount for the 2017 Ford F-350. 2-1/2' Receiver or 3". Must handle a 2" and or a 2-5/8". 10,000LBS or better. Oh, and it needs to be a 8" drop.
So do you have a Class IV hitch "2 inch square receiver" or a Class V hitch receiver, which would be the larger receiver tube size and higher weight rating....? If you have a Class V receiver, you can buy an adapter sleeve which slides over the Class IV ball mount into the larger sized receiver and it is pinned in place with the hitch pin. That way you don't have a strange sized ball mount which will only fit one sized hitch, the Class V which isn't that common on most vehicles. ,...............................Any hitch receiver should be able to handle the 2" or 2 5/16" inch ball (not 2 5/8" just FYI) as the ball mount holes should be able to handle either. The only hitches I have seen which have very small holes for the ball mount are the light weight classes which aren't what you are looking for. ..................................................................I suggest always buying established brand names such as Reese, Draw Tite, etc. I also am not a fan of the "variable ball size" where you can swap the actual ball size by pinning a different ball size on the ball stud. .........................................................................Also, make sure the actual ball itself has the largest sized threaded shaft possible as it means it has a higher weight rating and the hitch balls also have weight ratings based upon their shaft size for mounting.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck has Class V heavy duty receiver. Yes, you are correct.... 2-5/16.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
21,539 Posts
I am trying to figure out what HouseMouse means by adjustable.

I’ve never seen what you linked to jdmich - pretty neat. Over the years I have accumulated so many hitch parts - I have inserts for a variety of drops.

So where does adjustable come in?

Adjustable ball - like the ones where you have 3 different size balls on one insert?
Adjustable height?
Adjustable insert size?
Adjustable hole size for the ball?

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
WeighSafe-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
Video on this page.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Assume he means height

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was having trouble with my current hitch..... and wanted to pad my thoughts incase I couldn't solve the problem. My hitch is now fixed. Water had gotten inside and froze it solid to the point It wouldn't adjust. Thanks for all the help. I won't mention the name of the hitch just to be fair to everyone.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'll second the WeighSafe. Got one this summer when I swapped to my Ram 2500. It's a well-built piece of machinery and does what it says it will do.

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts