Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read some post on here about people having their mower lift actuator fail. I have a 2038R where I accidently removed the deck and moved the tractor and hit a tree root before raising the lift arms back up. Well my actuator didn't like that. I saw it, got mad because in my stupidity I figured there goes a couple hundred bucks. That evening I looked up the price and fell out of my chair and puked a little in my mouth. $1650.00

Mine works great, full motion, no alarms, but that casting...

Looks like a few bolts and I can swap out the end casting and put it back in. I'm going to try to weld it, but worry about the heat warping it.

If only I could figure out how to repair this one. Maybe and old junk used one and take the end cap.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to repair this and save me the $1650.00?
Wood Auto part Gas Tool Metal
Fluid Liquid Cosmetics Gas Measuring instrument

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy this one and change the end cap. I mentioned this in your other thread.

Thank you for the help. Since the Admin's moved my post to the wanted page and I'm new on here, I could not reply like I wanted. I'm on a 10 day and 10 post waiting period. So I started this post with basically same info not asking for a spare part laying around. You kicked off the thought process on going to the OEM and not JD. That price is much better than $1650. This morning I have been welding it to see if that works. I weld about 1/2" at a time so not warp and distort the aluminum housing, work on something else and then come back and weld a little more. Good thing about it cracking the way it did, it fits back together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts