Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching tiller for a while and wanted some of your opinions. I was looking at the Frontier and JD brands but at $2000 plus I'm not sure I get much more value than a $1500 one. I'm mostly looking for one to use on the garden and small food plots. Here are a few I'm looking at: LMC Ag, Tar River, Woods and King Kutter, TSC County Line. I know most everyone uses Chinese gear boxes and from what I've read they aren't all that bad.

I'm looking hard at the LMC. They spent a lot of time on the phone with me and with thier 48" gear driven version it was in the $1500 range. I know the folks that make the firminator food plot implement use it on their new root tiller version.

I can get a 48" woods RT48 for $1675 at my dealer however it has some rust on the gear box and they won't come off that any more. The frontier is $2k but it's chain driven.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,924 Posts
I'm using a 48" County Line on mine, it's a solid tiller.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Have you done a search yet on this site?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Like Tractor Tim says, you will likely be happy with whatever tiller you get.

I like my County Line (Tartar) 5' tiller on my 2320. Go too fast and you can bog it, but it's a hydro, so easy to find the right speed.
It was the cheapest available at the time, I paid $1400 on sale if I remember correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts