Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Hoping somebody can measure their 42# suitcase weight and give me the dimensions for it. I checked out the mtd type one at the local tractor supply, but would kinda like to make sure the rear weight bracket I'm planning on building will hold anything I might get(well most anything)

That one went over a 1/2" wide bar and the slot was about 4" deep. The width is the part that concerns me. It measured about 2 1/2" wide.

I probably should just buy the plain black ones there, but they don't have that pretty deer and the green paint on them! lol

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome!!!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
The 42 lb JD weights just slide over 1/2 "steel plate nice, I have built several different brackets for my 1025 R. By using this thickness of steel you have less sloppiness weights stay in place quite well

Reactions: Valley Boy

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Maybe we need the picture of the 3D model.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw dimensional drawings for the 42lb and 70lb suitcase weight. It looks like some were drawn in solidworks. Can someone please be able to make a AutoCAD .dwg file showing the different views (Front, Right Side, Left Side, Top, Bottom) I would like to use this .dwg file to work on a layout in AutoCAD. This would be greatly appreciated so I do not have to redraw the weights in autocad using the dimensional drawings.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You can import the files in AutoCad using the command line in the program.

1.) At the command prompt, type IMPORT and press Enter.
2.) In the Import File dialog box, "Files of type" drop-down list, select "Solidworks (*.prt; *.sldprt; *.asm; *sldasm)."
3.) Find and select the Solidworks file and click Open.

Then remember to save it as an AutoCad .dwg

Hope it helps you out

P.S. You need to have a update version of AutoCad, not one that is really out of date.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The pdf in post number 2 shows 7.75 to 8.5 to the slot. That is 0.75. Mine are all 1/2 inch slots.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am fine with importing the files. Where is the solidworks file located for the 42lb and 70lb suitcase weights? I did not see solidworks file in this thread?

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts