Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6 weights for my x738 for snow plowing. How do you guys store the weights when not using them? I know heavy hitch makes a cart for $250. I was looking for cheaper options out there.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
I just stand mine up against the wall in the pole barn, nothing fancy at all.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Nothing fancy here also, on the floor under a bench.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have the heavy hitch cart mainly to store my Heavy Hitch. For everything else I pretty much mod $20 furniture dollies from box stores. With a furniture Dollie and a couple of small pieces of 3/4 ply wood you could make a nice little cart. You cold als use some 2x4 lumber and a piece of metal strap. Still around $30 in materials and some fun labor,

·
Registered
3,877 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I posted my ballast storage solutions in a thread some time ago. LINK HERE

Keane

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My wife had a standard answer for our two daughters when they could not find something,,,
The scary part was,,, she was ALWAYS right.

Typical question from the daughter;
"Hey mom,, have you seen my cell phone?"

Mom would answer;
"It is on the floor, under the bed, or in the laundry!"

Mom was ALWAYS right!!

So, if you want to find the weights,,, put them on the floor,,
your spouse will than be able to tell you where you left them,,, :good2:

Hey Mom, have you seen my wallet??
It is on the floor, under the bed,,,,, or in the laundry!!,,, :laugh:

The weights would fit under the bed,, but, should not go in the laundry,,, :flag_of_truce:

:lolol:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I do the same as Kenny also.

Dave

·
Registered
741 Posts
Add one more to the "same as Kenny" list.

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
I just stand mine up against the wall in the pole barn, nothing fancy at all.
Ditto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I leave my weights on my box blade for use and storage.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
store them?

I use the tractor with Artilljan forks year 'round, so the weights are on the Heavy Hitch rack on the iMatch or on the box blade. They only come off for the backhoe.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
experience

If you let one slip and drop it on your foot, I'll guarantee you will remember where it is!

Seriously, it makes some sense to store heavy things as low as possible particularly if you have children or pets. The 42 lb weights are bad enough but larger ones could really, really hurt someone even falling off a bench. I either leave weights on the ground under a shed or on a box blade.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you let one slip and drop it on your foot, I'll guarantee you will remember where it is!
Yep! With all the odd stuff we've done with the tractor, the only injury we've had was with the 42 lb weights.

...Christy and Katriel decided to have a lifting contest. ...it didn't end well!

...Christy says she will never touch those weights again!

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
While I can lift the weights if need be it causes me a lot of pain. So I went with the Heavy Hitch solution. When I need them for rear ballast I just hook and go (with iMatch). If I need them for the front they are at nearly the same height as the front of the tractor and can transfer them fairly easily.

P1330473.JPG

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Put them at bottom of the shed wall between the studs.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
I put mine where ever I need to take them off. If I won't be needing them for some time then I put them on my disk in the barn. Right now they are in the garage on the floor as that is where I took them off because I will be needing them in the not to distant future. Soon as the chipping gets done the chipper comes off and the weights go back on for some FEL work. Weather can't hurt them and they aren't that big to take up much space anywhere. I'm planning on buying the Heavy Hitch to put the weights on but would still do the same in my storage with my weights. It's no biggie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts