Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Heavy Hitch

Additionally, I added lead shot to the bottom tube on the Heavy Hitch draw bar for extra weight. I have the I-Match connector back there also. Added a bunch of Ken's accessories, plus a Heavy Hitch bucket tooth bar. I ordered 2" rear wheel spacers from Lenny in Reno. Since we have other mowers i don't need to worry about clearance of a MMM on the 1025R.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Several people suggested that you get the Heavy Hitch cart for storing the rack and weights. The cart is also useful for storing the I-match quick hitch. This is handy if you need to remove it to install a backhoe, an implement that doesn't fit the I-match, or just to service the back of the tractor without it being in the way. LINK

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
One thing you might consider with the bad back if adding a variation of weight. You might want to consider a modified weight box. The 1025r is low profile and the standard weight box is too low to the ground. However with a modified pin location you could then get a good height and then use an appropriate amount of sand or small gravel in the box. I've seen some advertised that had a small lift up sliding door where you can also remove weight. This way you wouldn't have to be lifting the weight off and on and could vary with you demands.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have the dual HH bracket for my 2520. Different tractor and ballast requirements but the single wouldn't be enough for me. If you want to avoid buying the cart for the HH you could do what I did... Use a small pallet and some 6x6 blocks to make a stand that you can lower the weight bracket down onto to remove from the 3-point. Then you can move it around with the forks if you need to reposition it.

Rob
Bingo!!
Anyone else built a stand or cart for a 3 point receiver hitch with suitcase weights? Modified furniture dolly?
Show me some photos please.

I just don't see where that HH cart should bring that amount of money.

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
Bingo!!
Anyone else built a stand or cart for a 3 point receiver hitch with suitcase weights? Modified furniture dolly?
Show me some photos please.

I just don't see where that HH cart should bring that amount of money.
Maybe I have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
boy howdy, I'll say you have. Fantastic fab skills my man. :cheers:

I believe I see you have two of them suckers, I'll send you my address. :good2:

:laugh: I looked at the heavy hitch one. It is pricey but really to build one like theirs yourself is about half so with labor their price is fair. This one with all the things to hold the weight bars and more weight was about $200 in materials

The one with out fork tubes was for a friend. It was made to put 2x4’s or casters under it.

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Maybe I have.
You are certainly a man of many talents........and skill. And you seem like a great guy. Wow, Mrs. Herm truly did get the whole package....

Sure wish you were a tad closer as I am planning on building a new implement (which I have not seen anywhere....and I have looked) and my ideas are far better than my fab skills......:laugh::lol:

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
:laugh: I looked at the heavy hitch one. It is pricey but really to build one like theirs yourself is about half so with labor their price is fair. This one with all the things to hold the weight bars and more weight was about $200 in materials

The one with out fork tubes was for a friend. It was made to put 2x4’s or casters under it.
Nice fab work . Thanks for the pictures, you've given me an idea to fab something like that myself. Gotta start lining projects up for the winter time in the shop.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts