Green Tractor Talk banner

Suitcase weights on front of 2025r?

4018 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  SMSgtMCC
It is my understanding I can hang suitcase weights on the front my 2025r without any brackets? I assume they woukd be loose and could slide around a little but I don’t see that being an issue. I also assume the brackets for the mid mount don’t get in the way? It looks like there is plenty of room.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I understand that you can hang 5 42er's on there
You may have to get the toolbox out of the way to do it but throw them on there.
The only real difference between the frame and weight bracket is that there is no retaining bar to hold the weights on. A bungee cord through the handle holes will work pretty good. (y)
I can confirm, you can fit 5 42 pounders. Still use the mower and still use the loader. I have not had an issue with them bouncing around.

Thanks, I thought that was the case.
Nice. Do the weights make contact with the kick stand for the loader? Are those JD weights; or are they a different manufacture? My buddy has a 2017 1025r with 5 JD weights on the front but they are pushing down on his kick stand. Yours look different. Thanks.
I can confirm, you can fit 5 42 pounders. Still use the mower and still use the loader. I have not had an issue with them bouncing around.

View attachment 783271
View attachment 783272
The weights are not JD. I got them from Sloan Express. Generic weights but are 42lbs and work well. Shipping was free if you make two smaller orders. (one with 3 weights and one with 2). I am not sure if that has changed.

They do not contact the loader stand, its close but do not touch.
Nice. Do the weights make contact with the kick stand for the loader? Are those JD weights; or are they a different manufacture? My buddy has a 2017 1025r with 5 JD weights on the front but they are pushing down on his kick stand. Yours look different. Thanks.
Reactions: Jimmy Walker
Thanks!
The weights are not JD. I got them from Sloan Express. Generic weights but are 42lbs and work well. Shipping was free if you make two smaller orders. (one with 3 weights and one with 2). I am not sure if that has changed.

They do not contact the loader stand, its close but do not touch.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.