Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding I can hang suitcase weights on the front my 2025r without any brackets? I assume they woukd be loose and could slide around a little but I don’t see that being an issue. I also assume the brackets for the mid mount don’t get in the way? It looks like there is plenty of room.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I understand that you can hang 5 42er's on there

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
You may have to get the toolbox out of the way to do it but throw them on there.
The only real difference between the frame and weight bracket is that there is no retaining bar to hold the weights on. A bungee cord through the handle holes will work pretty good. (y)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I thought that was the case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can confirm, you can fit 5 42 pounders. Still use the mower and still use the loader. I have not had an issue with them bouncing around.

View attachment 783271
View attachment 783272
Nice. Do the weights make contact with the kick stand for the loader? Are those JD weights; or are they a different manufacture? My buddy has a 2017 1025r with 5 JD weights on the front but they are pushing down on his kick stand. Yours look different. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice. Do the weights make contact with the kick stand for the loader? Are those JD weights; or are they a different manufacture? My buddy has a 2017 1025r with 5 JD weights on the front but they are pushing down on his kick stand. Yours look different. Thanks.
The weights are not JD. I got them from Sloan Express. Generic weights but are 42lbs and work well. Shipping was free if you make two smaller orders. (one with 3 weights and one with 2). I am not sure if that has changed.

They do not contact the loader stand, its close but do not touch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The weights are not JD. I got them from Sloan Express. Generic weights but are 42lbs and work well. Shipping was free if you make two smaller orders. (one with 3 weights and one with 2). I am not sure if that has changed.

They do not contact the loader stand, its close but do not touch.
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts