Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago I installed the 4 spools Summit Electric Rear Remote Valve Kit on my 2019 JD 2025R, after first installing the JD power beyond kit.

Total cost for both kits including tax was $1170.36 shipped after using TTWT discounts. I decided to install the kits because I eventually would like to add a hydraulic top and side links to the 3 point hitch. I went with the 4 spools kit because it was just $237.50 more than the 2 spools kit, and just $114.00 more than the 3 spools kit. Always better to have more than less especially when it's not a big jump in costs.

Both kits included all the parts needed to do the install. It took me about 6 hours altogether as it was the first time I had to get at the hydraulics of the tractor, and I had to make a bracket plate because the ROPS on the 2025R are larger than 2" but smaller than 3", and I didn't like how the 2 thin metal brackets, that came with the Summit kit to attach the mounting bracket for the valve block, bent when the bolts were tightened. Would the original brackets have worked? Yes they would, but I wanted a more secure mounting so I made the bracket plate out of some scrap metal I had, and now everything is rock solid.

A few TTWT videos to watch which will help with the installs. Thanks Tim for making the videos.

To install the JD power beyond kit the following parts of the 2025R need to be removed,
The black plastic piece between the foot deck and the seat. Easy
The seat along with it's supports, the whole assembly is held on with 4 allen bolts. Easy but heavier than it looks
The black plastic piece between the seat and the right fender. Easy
The black plastic right inner fender which is held on by 2 bolts going through the fender and 2 of the bolts which secure the foot deck. Easy
Once all that's off the tractor it's a simple matter of removing the original hydraulic line and installing the 2 power beyond lines along with their quick disconnects and hose holders.
Note: The JD power beyond kit comes with 2 extra hoses that don't get used in the standard install. Read the kit's instructions which identify by part number which hoses to use. The part numbers are printed on the hoses.

The Summit kit is easy to assemble and mount on the tractor, I watched the above TTWT videos which did help. I decided not to mount the switch control box on the metal arm which comes with the Summit kit. Instead I mounted the switch control box in the tractor's right fender pocket, which just so happens to be the exact size to fit the 4 switch box. I also didn't run the 12 volt power wires to the tractor's battery or fuse box, but instead tapped into the power of the tractor's 10 amp accessory power plug which is located in the right fender. All in all a nice clean install with all the wiring hidden under the right fender.

This winter I'll work on getting the hydraulic top and side links done.

Bracket plate I made, now it's rock solid.

Switch box mounted in right fender. Accessory power plug in right fender powers the switch box.

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
It's a great kit, goes on easy, works well. I've got the 4 spool version on 1R. One recommendation that I got from Kenny for the electric spool kits. Cycle all the valves in both directions often, even if nothing is attached to them. I usually hit all my switches after shutting down the tractor at the end of the day and two of the four spools have never had anything in them (Yet!) Apparently if they go unused for a unknown length of time they can freeze up. (This is all electric solenoid hydraulic valves, not specific to just thos kit. )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a great kit, goes on easy, works well. I've got the 4 spool version on 1R. One recommendation that I got from Kenny for the electric spool kits. Cycle all the valves in both directions often, even if nothing is attached to them. I usually hit all my switches after shutting down the tractor at the end of the day and two of the four spools have never had anything in them (Yet!) Apparently if they go unused for a unknown length of time they can freeze up. (This is all electric solenoid hydraulic valves, not specific to just thos kit. )
Good to know. I'll do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I installed the 4 spools Summit Electric Rear Remote Valve Kit on my 2019 JD 2025R, after first installing the JD power beyond kit.

Total cost for both kits including tax was $1170.36 shipped after using TTWT discounts. I decided to install the kits because I eventually would like to add a hydraulic top and side links to the 3 point hitch. I went with the 4 spools kit because it was just $237.50 more than the 2 spools kit, and just $114.00 more than the 3 spools kit. Always better to have more than less especially when it's not a big jump in costs.

Both kits included all the parts needed to do the install. It took me about 6 hours altogether as it was the first time I had to get at the hydraulics of the tractor, and I had to make a bracket plate because the ROPS on the 2025R are larger than 2" but smaller than 3", and I didn't like how the 2 thin metal brackets, that came with the Summit kit to attach the mounting bracket for the valve block, bent when the bolts were tightened. Would the original brackets have worked? Yes they would, but I wanted a more secure mounting so I made the bracket plate out of some scrap metal I had, and now everything is rock solid.

A few TTWT videos to watch which will help with the installs. Thanks Tim for making the videos.

To install the JD power beyond kit the following parts of the 2025R need to be removed,
The black plastic piece between the foot deck and the seat. Easy
The seat along with it's supports, the whole assembly is held on with 4 allen bolts. Easy but heavier than it looks
The black plastic piece between the seat and the right fender. Easy
The black plastic right inner fender which is held on by 2 bolts going through the fender and 2 of the bolts which secure the foot deck. Easy
Once all that's off the tractor it's a simple matter of removing the original hydraulic line and installing the 2 power beyond lines along with their quick disconnects and hose holders.
Note: The JD power beyond kit comes with 2 extra hoses that don't get used in the standard install. Read the kit's instructions which identify by part number which hoses to use. The part numbers are printed on the hoses.

The Summit kit is easy to assemble and mount on the tractor, I watched the above TTWT videos which did help. I decided not to mount the switch control box on the metal arm which comes with the Summit kit. Instead I mounted the switch control box in the tractor's right fender pocket, which just so happens to be the exact size to fit the 4 switch box. I also didn't run the 12 volt power wires to the tractor's battery or fuse box, but instead tapped into the power of the tractor's 10 amp accessory power plug which is located in the right fender. All in all a nice clean install with all the wiring hidden under the right fender.

This winter I'll work on getting the hydraulic top and side links done.

View attachment 791164
Bracket plate I made, now it's rock solid.
View attachment 791165
Switch box mounted in right fender. Accessory power plug in right fender powers the switch box.
View attachment 791166

View attachment 791168
I may need to weld on mounting plate. I have a 3032e and the gas tank gets in the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I may need to weld on mounting plate. I have a 3032e and the gas tank gets in the way.
I’ve got some clearance on mine but ordered some sae to jci elbows to give a little more clearance above the fuel cap.
I also have some longer hoses on order, as the ones with the kit are too short for the location I have the valves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts