Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I posted on the actual installation and this may or may not need to be reflected there but as a separate article I'm showing the actual cost of installation. I bought the unit from Summit which was a 4 port electrical controlled valve port. I already had the single remote with handle operation which as a factory kit. With the installation I also had adequate wiring fittings and I ran a wire to the switch so the unit would on be power with switch in on position. This is important as the unit can be switched off but one would have to remember to rocker it to the center each time and I thought this might be a problem causing solenoid failure by mistake. Anyway the cost does not show transportation to and from the hydraulic store for line " precise" fittings. When installing I had to be very particular in location for clearance of the lift arms. I also remove brackets not needed from the center point..left a small bracket for my slow moving sign. This is very critical as I have he hydraulic cylinder. I've seen post already where folks did damage by not observing this. There is any number of approaches to installing. I did use some extensions to my factor lines as I didn't want to cut or destroy the butt face fittings. From speaking with the store the butt face fittings are the highest quality type to avoid leakage but mine were factory and if you have those steel lines made up, it's special expenses for welding. They can install them as fitting to existing fittings. Anyway my ticket was $601.98. I save about $50 by finding some connectors on ebay rather than retail.....Very pleased with setup. I could easily modify my bracket...weld an extension and make a 6-8 port setup...if needed...just cost of valve body and fittings....but the think the dual will work...I have my center link and my hydraulic lines for the grapple outlet which is forward. I can easily disconnect those and use two other items if necessary...the quick link will stay in position...I'm passing this along for the custom type folks if they are interest...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I like your handwriting MM. I bet there are some young'ns on here that can't read that. :ROFLMAO:
They don't teach cursive in my kids schools. I may as well be writing hieroglyphs.

Reactions: kenguy

·
Registered
243 Posts
As a 91 baby who was taught cursive it has never meant anything to me or affected me. Now I did use it at one point....when I was being taught it.....

But seriously. It's....neat? Not sure. Some people really upset they don't teach that anymore. I have no issue what so ever.

And on topic. Great write up OP and helpful info. It won't be in my budget or fit my needs but glad people like you are providing info for those that do. Have a good everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a youngster...raised on farm with Grandparents, single uncle...we were always improvising equipment with very limited tools...hacksaw, hammer, end wrenches, handyman jack, you name it...was always keeping the old John Deere and other engines going..enjoyed high school studies English and all the business courses, business degree from local college while working in construction with another uncle, but always kept the basics in mind...also minored in art and loved music...with the business always getting into projects but liked the mechanics...aspired to be a mechanical engineer, an signed up for OTC in Navy but vision keep me out of that and sports, but I had my other as long as I didn't loose my glasses. Probably 4 teachers and especially those two Uncles and an Aunt who was in business were my closest allies. I learned marketing and spent 46 years in insurance...but never was far from those mechanical interests...I learned that everyone has talents and it's best to use the talents one has and improve on them and continue to challenge one's self. Really like this forum and there is really first class folks here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts