Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all for the help on the Power Beyond and hydraulic questions! Got my Summit SCV installed, here are some pics and thoughts. First I really wanted control for a Hydraulic top link, having control over the MMM was a bonus. The top link is on order from fit right. The MMM is connected to the A port on the SCV. In the lower function it is dead heading the pump but unless I'm wrong it did the same when connected to the LCV. My plan is to run a hose from the B port to the plugged tank port on the Summit to get away from the dead heading. For what it's worth, with no deck installed the HD is about 5 sec. I suspect with the deck on it will be much less. You will see in the picks, I did not use the ROPS bracket for the switches. Only having two spools allowed me to mount them on the console behind the LCV and keep my tool box!

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Like your install

rob

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,903 Posts
does that valve have a tank line....3 lines
No, it just a P and R. It's designed to handle the "backpressure" from other items behind it in series on the powerbeyond circuit.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts
I then didn't understand the 3 lines being hooked to it....one seems to go forward....
The single hose goes to his mower lift as explained in the first post.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
One thing I found about the electric was to make it key switch controlled so as not to overheat the electrical controls if left on. Also on my unit had my hydraulic shop cut hoses to exact lenght to avoid excessive fluid to lenght...

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
That turned out great.. (y)

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
308 Posts
@mpm2433 One question I would have is, when you lift the mmm while hooked to the summit kit does it hold it lifted position or slowly fall to mower height setting, if it holds up how does it get lowered?
Sorry for the uneducated Hydralics question…….

If I was going to install the summit hydro kit with 4 spools, I believe I’d try and use 2 2 switch kits, that looks much cleaner to me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone ever put one of these on a 3025e? The lights are too low on the rops and will block access to the gas cap on the left side. On the right side there is room on the inside of the rops but the lights will be an issue for the mounting brackets.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@mpm2433 One question I would have is, when you lift the mmm while hooked to the summit kit does it hold it lifted position or slowly fall to mower height setting, if it holds up how does it get lowered?
Sorry for the uneducated Hydralics question…….

If I was going to install the summit hydro kit with 4 spools, I believe I’d try and use 2 2 switch kits, that looks much cleaner to me!
It holds it up. May leak down over time just as the FEL. The MMM is a single acting cyl, Mine is hooked up to the A port which is activated by selecting the top/up on the switch. To lower, I move the switch down or the B side. This opens the A port to the tank thus draining or relieving pressure. gravity does the rest. This is the same way to worked hooked up to the LCV. When lowering, the pump will go into "bypass" or Head head on the B port. My work around (confirmed by summit) is to connect the B port to the T port allowing the pressure to be directed back to the tank.
Musical instrument accessory Compact cassette Audio equipment Font Gas
The schematic or flow illustration was helpful in me understanding what was going on. Don't feel bad, I knew nothing of this before I started this project, and likely still don't! If any of this is incorrect someone will comment (respectfully in sure:)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Decided to run the B port to the tank a little further down stream, works great, no more dead head. i also removed the quick couplers for cleaner instal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help please. My new hydraulic top link hits where it mounts to the tractor and won’t go all the way down. Can I turn it around?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Help please. My new hydraulic top link hits where it mounts to the tractor and won’t go all the way down. Can I turn it around?
The larger end of the cylinder that has the hoses connected to it should attach to the tractor.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,903 Posts
Do
Decided to run the B port to the tank a little further down stream, works great, no more dead head. i also removed the quick couplers for cleaner instal.

View attachment 793642
Does raising your 3pt with a heavy implement on it cause your deck to move? The T port on the PB has pressure when the 3pt hitch is being manipulated. Because the summit kit is in series, the T coming off the summit kit is basically the P going in to the 3pt actuator. I've measured this T pressure with a 450lb aerator on the 3pt, and saw 1700+ PSI on the T line going in to the tractor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I took a slight different route for my hydraulic top link fluid feed. I ran short lines from my Summitt divertor out feed to the grapple claws up to an A/B splitter block now when I want the grapple to have claw power I push the splitter valve
Lever forward and when I want the top link to be lowered I set the lever to the rear position. Splitter was about $180.00 from summitt
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel
Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Green Tire Hood Wheel
Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Hood Vehicle Green Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 21 Posts