Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading thru the 2038R manual and it says to grease the MFWD grease fitting with Super Lube. Is that a special type of grease?

·
Premium Member
13,101 Posts
I noticed that too back when I was browsing the 2038R manual. JD makes a Super Lube spray dry lubricant and a spray synthetic Super Lube but you couldn't use either of those on a grease zerk.

I notice the manual mentions Synco Chemical as the source for Super Lube. I see Amazon lists a Super Lube synthetic grease product.

I find it very strange that JD is not recommending one of their own lubrication products for use on THEIR new tractor. I'm willing to bet most dealers are just shooting Polyurea SD in there.

Superlube.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Synco-Chemical-Synthetic-Grease-400-gm/dp/B00GVKBQHY

I guess you'll need to have a second grease gun with this grease just for use on the front axle trunions.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Parker also has a product named "Super O Lube" that is designed specifically for O-ring and seal installation lubrication. It is designed to be compatible in hydraulic and pneumatic applications without hanging up valves and such. I use it frequently at work.

Parker Super O-Lube | Parker NA

Oops, never mind, I see now your talking about lubing a fitting...

Reactions: BigJim55 and Yank

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says, Lubricate front MFWD driveshaft gease fitting (B) with SUPER LUBE® lubricant.1 .
Lubricate rear MFWD driveshaft gease fitting (C) with SUPER LUBE® lubricant.1 .
So, it is telling us to grease a grease fitting? Why could you not just put JD green grease in it? Says to do this for the trunnion also.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,101 Posts
It says, Lubricate front MFWD driveshaft gease fitting (B) with SUPER LUBE® lubricant.1 .
Lubricate rear MFWD driveshaft gease fitting (C) with SUPER LUBE® lubricant.1 .
So, it is telling us to grease a grease fitting? Why could you not just put JD green grease in it? Says to do this for the trunnion also.
Good catch. Very confusing. Now, if it said to use "JD SuperLube Wizbang Synthetic Grease" then it would be perfectly understandable. But they specifically direct you to Synco Chemical's SuperLube product. Which I am sure is what the dealer used when they prepped the tractor... hint hint, wink wink.

We should probably check with some of the high hour new 2R series owners here as the manual directs that the grease points should be lubricated every 10 hours (wet conditions) to 50 hours (dry conditions).

Reactions: Yank and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,101 Posts
I noticed this note in the new 2032R/2038R operator's manual:

The following greases are preferred:

• John Deere Multi-Purpose SD Polyurea Grease
  • John Deere Multi-Purpose HD Lithium Complex GreaseIf not using any of the preferred greases, be sure to use a general all-purpose grease with an NLGI grade No.2 rating.
    Wet or high speed conditions may require use of a special-use grease. Contact your Servicing dealer for information.
The following lubricant is preferred:

• SUPER LUBE® lubricant.[SUP]1[/SUP]
[SUP]1[/SUP] SUPER LUBE is a registered trademark of Synco Chemical Corp.

So now we have "grease" and "lubricant". The new 2R manuals continue to blow my mind. It seems that all previous JD tractors used a form of grease for all zerk fittings. Now we have two new tractors that must use a special "lubricant" for some of the zerks.

Which brings up another question... despite the information above about preferred "greases", it appears that ALL of the zerks listed in the operator's manual are to be filled with Super Lube "lubricant"... even the 3PH adjustment arm.

·
Registered
275 Posts
JD still has not fixed this?

I brought up the same issue with my 2017 4044R operators manual that hold me to use 'Super-Lube lubricant' for my axle trunnion zerk fittings. JD corporate said it was a typo, since obviously you cannot use a spray lube on a zerk and the correct lube is their SD Polyurea Green grease.

In a nut-shell: All zerks get grease, in fact the factory used grease is the JD Multi-Purpose SD Polyurea Grease, part # TY6341, about $4/tube.

Except for the obvious error(s) in the manual, everything else that says to 'lubricate' means to use Super-Lube spray lubricant.

Hope that clears this up.

I think that JD has some new tech-writers who have never turned a wrench on anything in their life and they don't understand the difference between lubricating or greasing.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m with you guys. It has to be a typo. I read about using the SuperLube spray on the 3 point bushings a while back and ordered a can. Then, yesterday, I read about the SuperLube on the grease zerts we just mentioned. I was wondering how many different types of grease we are going to need to grease these things. I would ALSO bet anything that JD polyurea goes in everything.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I’m with you guys. It has to be a typo. I read about using the SuperLube spray on the 3 point bushings a while back and ordered a can. Then, yesterday, I read about the SuperLube on the grease zerts we just mentioned. I was wondering how many different types of grease we are going to need to grease these things. I would ALSO bet anything that JD polyurea goes in everything.
Just 1 type of grease required. The grease used at the factory is the JD Polyrea. Even says so on the tube of grease.

Reactions: Yank
1 - 9 of 9 Posts