Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to come up with a way to mount my CB radio in my '07 F250. In my old '95 F350, I bolted it to the underside of the dash under the HVAC controls. In my '86 F150, I screwed it right into the steel headliner above the rear view mirror. In my new truck, neither of these options will work! I don't want to mount anything to the ceiling and there is a very handy storage bin on the bottom of the radio/HVAC cluster that I don't want to lose access to. The wiring and antenna mount have already been sorted out.

The only thing I have come up with is to make a steel or aluminum bracket to mount the radio to the front of the center seat which hasn't been sat in since I bought the truck, so no loss there. I have even contemplated pulling the center seat and building an entire center console to take its place. I want to make sure that nobody else has a better idea before I put time and effort into making something. The truck is a basic XL package with a 40/20/40 split bench in the front and should have basically the same interior as all SuperDuty XL trucks since '99. If you have something that works for you, I'd love to see pictures of it!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Here's a place called Geno's Garage. They specialize in the Dodge Cummins trucks. They used to carry Ford and Chevy stuff too. Don't know why they don't anymore. :unknown: But, they have a mount or two you could modify or even see if they can get you in touch with their supplier. Maybe they make one for your specific application.

Geno's Garage CB mount.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
I need to come up with a way to mount my CB radio in my '07 F250. In my old '95 F350, I bolted it to the underside of the dash under the HVAC controls. In my '86 F150, I screwed it right into the steel headliner above the rear view mirror. In my new truck, neither of these options will work! I don't want to mount anything to the ceiling and there is a very handy storage bin on the bottom of the radio/HVAC cluster that I don't want to lose access to. The wiring and antenna mount have already been sorted out.

The only thing I have come up with is to make a steel or aluminum bracket to mount the radio to the front of the center seat which hasn't been sat in since I bought the truck, so no loss there. I have even contemplated pulling the center seat and building an entire center console to take its place. I want to make sure that nobody else has a better idea before I put time and effort into making something. The truck is a basic XL package with a 40/20/40 split bench in the front and should have basically the same interior as all SuperDuty XL trucks since '99. If you have something that works for you, I'd love to see pictures of it!

Thanks!
I've been trying to figure out a place for mine too. My problem is I have a floor auto shift with console.

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
I've been trying to figure out a place for mine too. My problem is I have a floor auto shift with console.
Not many options for the F-150 with console shifter. I would be tempted to mount it inside the console and run the cables through the bottom rear. Then mount an external speaker somewhere in the footwell. After years of using an external speaker I wouldn't be without one.

But I have no reason to use a CB anymore. I rarely turned it on in the big truck unless there was a backup somewhere. Just way too many idiots and ********.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts