Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used Deere 54 plow and just bought Superior Tech's 18" extensions for it. It seems like I have some old 54 version that is not compatible with the extensions??? The extension's pipe, which is supposed to insert into the triangular portion of the plow, does not fit because there is some steel bar in there, presumably welded.
(The plow is upside down in the pic)
IMG_20191102_141324.jpg

Are there multiple versions of the 54?? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts
Can you give us a better look at the front and back of the blade so we can see the whole thing? Is there a serial/style tag anywhere?

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts
Yes, here are additional pictures. I notice that my 54 blade does not say Quick Hitch. Hmmm.?
Thanks! I see your blades S/N is 10175. It appears that JD used three different moldboard part numbers depending on S/N and a forth that is described as a Quik-Tatch blade. Yours is within the oldest S/N range. They don't list what the differences are between the various part numbers. I suspect it wouldn't take much variation in the shape to cause the Superior Tech plow extensions not to fit.

There are additional 54-inch blade part numbers for 655 and 755 compact tractors. So just from my quick search there are well over half a dozen different 54-inch mold boards.

You might want to give Superior Tech a call and ask them which specific 54-inch mold boards the extensions fit. They are in Lancaster, PA and can be reached at (717) 569-3359

Part Number AM31358
Serial No.______-13920

Part Number AM34060
Serial No. 13921-22908

Part Number AM34934
Serial No. 22909-______

Quik-Tatch Blade
Part Number AM109118

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Have you used a light & looked through the tube to see how many welds are on the bar?
Maybe it is only welded at each end.

·
Vendor
19 Posts
Steve,

We have a number of new and old Deere 54" blades in the shop, but none like yours. Unfortunately, as you have already determined, they are not compatible. You can return them to the Deere dealer you purchased them from, if you have any issues, let us know and we will make sure you are taken care of. You can give us a call at 717-569-3359 or e-mail to [email protected].

jgayman: thank you for background on the 54" mold boards, we will do some research and get the product listing updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts