Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding a retractable support for backblade when not in use. Any ideas?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,037 Posts
I made this one for our landscape rake back in 1988...

Img_3870_1.jpg

Img_3868_1.jpg _ Img_3869_1.jpg

For the record, I drove off with it still down only once. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
I built similar, a pipe that slides in a pipe attached to the frame. I Only drilled the sliding pipe for a cross pin. Two holes; one to hold the pipe up (pin above larger pipe) and one to hold blade up, (pin below larger pipe) I used a much shorter pipe without the 90 at the top.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Most rear implements use a very simple parking stand design. They usually use round or square tubing. They are very easy to make. Simply drill two holes, one to hold the stand in the parked position (at a height that works for your tractor) and another for the retracted position (make sure it is completely out of the way of all moving parts).

Below is the one used on a Deere RB2160 rear blade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
948 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
My 8 ft rear blade has a swinging leg I pin up or down that holds it up. One time I forgot to put it up so it got folded up. I fixed it but it is not as nice looking!
I have a Land Pride RB16-series blade with a parking stand like that. I don't like it as much as the vertical tube style as it is harder to get the locking pin back in.

The OP is wanting to make his own parking stand and that style would be a bit more difficult to make yourself as you would need to fabricate the little hinge bracket. With the vertical style you just need to sizes of square or round tubing that fit inside each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got all my parts at tractor supply. 3 foot by 1 1/4 galvanised square tube with holes already in it every inch. Replacement foot for a trailer jack that is pins on. 2, 1/4" pins. 4 " x 11/2 square tube. That was the only part i had to weld to the blade. Took me about 20 min to put together and total cost was about $25.00

2032r: FEL, MMM, Artillian forks, piranha tooth bar, ROPS Sensor System, and more!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Haven't seen this on mentioned and I'm sure this NOT what you're looking, but I use a cinder block to rest it on. :lol:

Reactions: fdmars

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was using a log round, and it works OK,
I like the square tube idea and I did go to tractor supply but of course they did not have any

1 - 11 of 11 Posts