Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 4510 with a bucket. I have always stored it with the bucket on the ground when not in use. I have less space in the barn with the bush hog not in use and was thinking I could store the tractor with bucket on a saw horse which is resting on the deck of the bush hog. Of course, l always release the hydraulics wherever it is stored.
What do you think?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Maybe the support should be higher, then if you need a real steady elevated stand,, the bucket can be used for that also,,

Does your house need paint,,, yet?? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I constantly argue with myself over this.
Storing the Mini Excavator for the winter...Theres no way to have all cylinders retracted unless the boom is straight up in the air..:banghead:
I leave boom stretched out. on ground....bucket curled out. side swing all the way one way..block the blade up.Then lube or cover or both ..the boom cylinder...The only one exposed to the elements. Then be sure to wipe it down on start up..months later usually.

This likely is not your answer as your fighting for space ( I think)....You can build.... cylinder blocks out of channel ,angle or square tube steel..even wood if you wish. Just remember its there when starting up whenever the next time is.

or the saw horse thing works as well:cheers:

·
Administrator
17,254 Posts
Resting the bucket on something solid is not a problem at all. If it helps you store everything inside, go for it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I constantly argue with myself over this.
Storing the Mini Excavator for the winter...Theres no way to have all cylinders retracted unless the boom is straight up in the air..:banghead:
I leave boom stretched out. on ground....bucket curled out. side swing all the way one way..block the blade up.Then lube or cover or both ..the boom cylinder...The only one exposed to the elements. Then be sure to wipe it down on start up..months later usually.

This likely is not your answer as your fighting for space ( I think)....You can build.... cylinder blocks out of channel ,angle or square tube steel..even wood if you wish. Just remember its there when starting up whenever the next time is.

or the saw horse thing works as well:cheers:
Pull the pin then suck in that cylinder. We did that all the time on the tillage equipment that was stored outside.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Pull the pin then suck in that cylinder. We did that all the time on the tillage equipment that was stored outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts