Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you using an aftermarket suspension seat on your Ztrak mowers? I am looking to replace the factory seat on my Z915B due to the uneven property I mow. I need a seat that is easier on my back. Some modification to make an aftermarket seat work is expected, but am wondering if you all had a "go to" recommendation?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Here is an option that may work. I put this on my hustler ZTR and it did help but It didn't quite fit me while on the machine. It raised the seat up about 2 inches and my head would hit the ROPS during a hard bounce. I didn't have to drill or modify anything to make it work. I just needed to not hit my head...
The wife is shorter and she liked it though.

Amazon.com: TRAC SEATS Seat Suspension Kit for Zero Turn Lawn Mower Tractor John Deere, Hustler, Z TRAK, Kubota, Exmark - (Same Day Shipping) - 1 Year Warranty: Industrial & Scientific

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,292 Posts
Here is an option that may work. I put this on my hustler ZTR and it did help but It didn't quite fit me while on the machine. It raised the seat up about 2 inches and my head would hit the ROPS during a hard bounce. I didn't have to drill or modify anything to make it work. I just needed to not hit my head...
The wife is shorter and she liked it though.
I put the same one on our Z915B, I did not like the 2" rise either, I took it off.
I did run one of these on our Toro Z-Master for many years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the TRAC SEATS option provide a very noticeable difference in ride comfort? I will have to measure the distance from my head to the ROPS to make sure it doesn't interfere

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,292 Posts
Does the TRAC SEATS option provide a very noticeable difference in ride comfort?
It did on mine.
ROPS wasn't the problem with me, we felt uncomfortable sitting so high, the control levers seemed down too far and it made for a strange pedal reach.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I got the OEM full suspension seat from Deere on my Z950R but when I was shopping if it wasn't going to be in the cards I was going to look into the Puffer that @Gizmo2 mentioned above. There are a few people that have installed them on the Z915B/E.

I did also price out the parts to do the full suspension seat for comparison but it was north of $1000 for all the parts at the time.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts