Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, checking to see if anyone has installed a 4010 60 inch deck onto a 4100? I haven't physically attempted it yet but, studying John deere.com parts info on both tractors, it looks very possible to do using the 4010's draft arms & lift straps. I did notice on the 4010 deck, the front bracket on the deck for the front draft arms is mounted a little left of center. Where the 4100 60 inch deck bracket appears dead center. Not sure if that throws anything off? Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Sell your old deck, buy the right deck for the 4100. If the draft arms are off center, your gear box is probably in the wrong spot which will not allow you to raise the deck high enough to get over anything, or cut the grass high enough. not to mention the rear lift points will be in the wrong spots also.

You can make anything work if you want to throw enough time and money at it, and can fabricate. Depends how fat your wallet is, and what condition your deck is in. Way cheaper in the end to just get the right deck. A 4100 isn't that old, a reasonable, good condition 60" deck should be fairly easy to find. They were very common on the 41,42,43,4400 tractors.

Allen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sell your old deck, buy the right deck for the 4100. If the draft arms are off center, your gear box is probably in the wrong spot which will not allow you to raise the deck high enough to get over anything, or cut the grass high enough. not to mention the rear lift points will be in the wrong spots also.

You can make anything work if you want to throw enough time and money at it, and can fabricate. Depends how fat your wallet is, and what condition your deck is in. Way cheaper in the end to just get the right deck. A 4100 isn't that old, a reasonable, good condition 60" deck should be fairly easy to find. They were very common on the 41,42,43,4400 tractors.

Allen.

Thanks for the response Jasper. Well, I haven't been able to find anything close to my area. I found one in Connecticut but the freight was quoted around $750 TO SHIP TO Pa, and the asking price for the deck is $1200 which is worth it based on condition. I do know the 42,43,44's don't work on the 4100. From what I learned the 60' inch decks on the first year (2002) of the 4110's matches the 4100 60's exactly after that the draft brackets and lift arms changed. The one in Connecticut came off a 2002 4110. I got a little time yet. I will keep searching for the right deck. Thanks for the input.

·
Administrator
22,646 Posts
I would think it would work, even without different images-the machines are pretty similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think it would work, even without different images-the machines are pretty similar.
I am going to say, the ebay deck would actually be further away then what I am trying to mount a 4010 deck to the 4100. I will try and post pictures to show you what I mean.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Images of the decks make them look the same. Too had to tell. Even if the mounts on the respective tractors are different, that doesn't preclude the deck fitting right on the opposite tractor. The front draft arms don't look off center that I can tell, gear box looks to be in same position, rear brackets look identical.

Tough call without having them right in front of you.

Allen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Images of the decks make them look the same. Too had to tell. Even if the mounts on the respective tractors are different, that doesn't preclude the deck fitting right on the opposite tractor. The front draft arms don't look off center that I can tell, gear box looks to be in same position, rear brackets look identical.

Tough call without having them right in front of you.

Allen.
here is a pic of the 4010. i was referring to the front bracket location on the deck
Motor vehicle Grass Asphalt Machine Automotive wheel system

Here is the deck off a 4100 deck
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Grass Vehicle door

As you can see the 4010 sunken channel is to the right of the bracket and the 4100 sunken channel is to the left of bracket
Motor vehicle Grass Asphalt Machine Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Grass Vehicle door

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Thanks for the pics. WOW weird JD would do this, if only to have gear box clear bottom of tractor frame. The rear brackets are moved also. I bet either deck would connect to tractor, just going to have a problem lifting up, maybe not, worth a try?? Using correct draft arms?? Mower just going to be shifted more to one side. Little more angle on PTO shaft, or straighter line, depending on tractor PTO stub location.

Worth a shot, no??

Allen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics. WOW weird JD would do this, if only to have gear box clear bottom of tractor frame. The rear brackets are moved also. I bet either deck would connect to tractor, just going to have a problem lifting up, maybe not, worth a try?? Using correct draft arms?? Mower just going to be shifted more to one side. Little more angle on PTO shaft, or straighter line, depending on tractor PTO stub location.

Worth a shot, no??

Allen.
Well, here is the situation, I don't own the tractor yet or a deck. I am going to look at this 4100 tomorrow. It has no deck and looking at the pictures. It doesn't have the front brackets that bolt to the side of the frame for the arms to attach too and it doesn't have the brackets that attach to the 3 pt arms. It never had a deck from new apparently. It has hydraulic hoses running out the back above 3 pt so, not sure what they used it for.

The pictures I sent are from sellers on fb market place. The 4100, guy wants $1200 and has the brackets but got a quote of $750 for shipping. The newer looking deck is from a guy with a 4010 that is in driving distance. He is asking $1100 and has all the brackets for his set-up. His front brackets that bolt to side of frame differ from the 4100's but the holes in the bracket seem to match the 4100's holes bracket. The arms that run to the 3pt arms look very close to the 4100's and the rear brackets that attach to the 3 pt arms look the same as the 4100's. I think the 4010 might work as well. I may ask the guy with the 4010 if I can bring the tractor to his place and try and mount his set-up to mine. Then we will know if it works or not. I think the 4100 frame is about 1.5 to 2 inches wider which would only benefit in my mind.

·
Administrator
22,646 Posts
The hoses wouldn't be for a backhoe, they would have to be looped together if it was not mounted.

I assume no loader on this machine? Do you want one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The hoses wouldn't be for a backhoe, they would have to be looped together if it was not mounted.

I assume no loader on this machine? Do you want one?
Yes, no loader. I don't think at this point a loader is needed. But out of curiosity, what would you be asking if you don't mind? A 410 loader right?

·
Administrator
22,646 Posts
Yes, no loader. I don't think at this point a loader is needed. But out of curiosity, what would you be asking if you don't mind? A 410 loader right?
The 410, 200cx, or H130 will all fit, not 100% sure there are amounts available for the H130, but it’s the correct size.

Blunt honesty: I / we see many people come to the forums who've found a good or great deal on a tractor, only it’s not setup exactly as they need it. Then they spend lots of time, energy, and money sourcing the bits to get it where they want it, many are shocked that used loaders are almost nonexistent, and at the cost of new or aftermarket ones. In your case it’s a MMM, you obviously need one for this machine you found one that may or may not work, that may or may not fit without buying more parts or extensive modifications, and you’re not even sure of the condition of it yet.

I just think it’s better to find the used machine that meets your needs up front, that way you can spend your time using and enjoying the machine, not working on it or trying to find parts for it. Of course that is just my opinion, worth what you paid for it LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 410, 200cx, or H130 will all fit, not 100% sure there are amounts available for the H130, but it’s the correct size.

Blunt honesty: I / we see many people come to the forums who've found a good or great deal on a tractor, only it’s not setup exactly as they need it. Then they spend lots of time, energy, and money sourcing the bits to get it where they want it, many are shocked that used loaders are almost nonexistent, and at the cost of new or aftermarket ones. In your case it’s a MMM, you obviously need one for this machine you found one that may or may not work, that may or may not fit without buying more parts or extensive modifications, and you’re not even sure of the condition of it yet.

I just think it’s better to find the used machine that meets your needs up front, that way you can spend your time using and enjoying the machine, not working on it or trying to find parts for it. Of course that is just my opinion, worth what you paid for it LOL
I would say in general, I agree with your opinion. But, the price is more then worth after going to look it over today and based on others I see around me and what there asking for them. The mmm is my only need for it and I have time and energy to burn in the process of finding one....LOL

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I would say in general, I agree with your opinion. But, the price is more then worth after going to look it over today and based on others I see around me and what there asking for them. The mmm is my only need for it and I have time and energy to burn in the process of finding one....LOL
Kenny is right on, on this one! What is the price of the 4100?? That will go a long way to telling us what opinion to have. Yeah steel is up CUT prices are WAY up, but I have been buying/trading/swapping/selling JD CUT's for years, and it is ALWAYS cheaper to get the CUT with what is needed, be it tractor, tractor MMM, or tractor, MMM, loader, or backhoe.

Sure I've pieced together LOTS of tractors, put together lot of things Deere said can't possibly work together, which they will, but I was able to do this because I had pieces from OTHER combos that I took off to install what a customer wanted, AND had local scrap/junk/parts yards semi close to me. That lowers the cost of assembly WAY down! NO spending 700.00 plus to get the correct mounting kit/brackets after the fact of "Got a Super/Great deal"

If this 4100 is mint, low hrs, got it for a song/cheap/a steal, then sure go for it. Been there done that lots of times. But you haven't shown us much about this 4100. Kind of tying our hands here. By the ONE pic you have shared it looks real nice, low hrs. Owner did nice job installing rear lights, and it looks like it is loader ready, meaning it has the loader SCV's, which they ran extensions off of it to the back of the tractor. Kenny is correct no PB, never looks like it had brackets for a backhoe, so no concerns there.

Hey look, an awful lot of my former side job was hitting Dealers for thing they just wanted to get the H*LL off there lots. I still am grabbing things for my 4720 cab, and Gen 2 2032R today, but it takes YEARS to get some things, and a crap load of time scouring EVERYTHING! on the internet/dealers lots, phone calls.

I got lucky, and saw the shift in the CUT market coming, and sold off my CUT inventory, then Covid-19 came and wiped out my stock of parts, AND my supply of parts. No more "I can't pass this up" deals. I did make a lot of money and got a lot of people on here what they needed/looked for, and others, but the decks you are looking at, pre Covid were 3-400.00 dollar decks

You May have found a "can't pass up deal" but be careful, Kenny is right, most times piecing together a "unit" cost way more. I've done it, and been on both sides of the coin. That's the reason I have posted this way too long post.

We here need a LOT more info and mostly pics to really help you out the right way. And yeah, it is fun hunting things down, making things work, the thrill of the deal, art of the deal. You get the idea. I take pride in my area for making things work that JD says won't work. And I've never had to get anything cut at a plasma cutter shop. Got one now though!

Best of luck, good hunting, and get the pics of that 4100 posted. Then we can steer you the right way.

Allen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kenny is right on, on this one! What is the price of the 4100?? That will go a long way to telling us what opinion to have. Yeah steel is up CUT prices are WAY up, but I have been buying/trading/swapping/selling JD CUT's for years, and it is ALWAYS cheaper to get the CUT with what is needed, be it tractor, tractor MMM, or tractor, MMM, loader, or backhoe. Sure I've pieced together LOTS of tractors, put together lot of things Deere said can't possibly work together, which they will, but I was able to do this because I had pieces from OTHER combos that I took off to install what a customer wanted, AND had local scrap/junk/parts yards semi close to me. That lowers the cost of assembly WAY down! NO spending 700.00 plus to get the correct mounting kit/brackets after the fact of "Got a Super/Great deal" If this 4100 is mint, low hrs, got it for a song/cheap/a steal, then sure go for it. Been there done that lots of times. But you haven't shown us much about this 4100. Kind of tying our hands here. By the ONE pic you have shared it looks real nice, low hrs. Owner did nice job installing rear lights, and it looks like it is loader ready, meaning it has the loader SCV's, which they ran extensions off of it to the back of the tractor. Kenny is correct no PB, never looks like it had brackets for a backhoe, so no concerns there. Hey look, an awful lot of my former side job was hitting Dealers for thing they just wanted to get the H*LL off there lots. I still am grabbing things for my 4720 cab, and Gen 2 2032R today, but it takes YEARS to get some things, and a crap load of time scouring EVERYTHING! on the internet/dealers lots, phone calls. I got lucky, and saw the shift in the CUT market coming, and sold off my CUT inventory, then Covid-19 came and wiped out my stock of parts, AND my supply of parts. No more "I can't pass this up" deals. I did make a lot of money and got a lot of people on here what they needed/looked for, and others, but the decks you are looking at, pre Covid were 3-400.00 dollar decks You May have found a "can't pass up deal" but be careful, Kenny is right, most times piecing together a "unit" cost way more. I've done it, and been on both sides of the coin. That's the reason I have posted this way too long post. We here need a LOT more info and mostly pics to really help you out the right way. And yeah, it is fun hunting things down, making things work, the thrill of the deal, art of the deal. You get the idea. I take pride in my area for making things work that JD says won't work. And I've never had to get anything cut at a plasma cutter shop. Got one now though! Best of luck, good hunting, and get the pics of that 4100 posted. Then we can steer you the right way. Allen.
Kenny is right on, on this one! What is the price of the 4100?? That will go a long way to telling us what opinion to have. Yeah steel is up CUT prices are WAY up, but I have been buying/trading/swapping/selling JD CUT's for years, and it is ALWAYS cheaper to get the CUT with what is needed, be it tractor, tractor MMM, or tractor, MMM, loader, or backhoe. Sure I've pieced together LOTS of tractors, put together lot of things Deere said can't possibly work together, which they will, but I was able to do this because I had pieces from OTHER combos that I took off to install what a customer wanted, AND had local scrap/junk/parts yards semi close to me. That lowers the cost of assembly WAY down! NO spending 700.00 plus to get the correct mounting kit/brackets after the fact of "Got a Super/Great deal" If this 4100 is mint, low hrs, got it for a song/cheap/a steal, then sure go for it. Been there done that lots of times. But you haven't shown us much about this 4100. Kind of tying our hands here. By the ONE pic you have shared it looks real nice, low hrs. Owner did nice job installing rear lights, and it looks like it is loader ready, meaning it has the loader SCV's, which they ran extensions off of it to the back of the tractor. Kenny is correct no PB, never looks like it had brackets for a backhoe, so no concerns there. Hey look, an awful lot of my former side job was hitting Dealers for thing they just wanted to get the H*LL off there lots. I still am grabbing things for my 4720 cab, and Gen 2 2032R today, but it takes YEARS to get some things, and a crap load of time scouring EVERYTHING! on the internet/dealers lots, phone calls. I got lucky, and saw the shift in the CUT market coming, and sold off my CUT inventory, then Covid-19 came and wiped out my stock of parts, AND my supply of parts. No more "I can't pass this up" deals. I did make a lot of money and got a lot of people on here what they needed/looked for, and others, but the decks you are looking at, pre Covid were 3-400.00 dollar decks You May have found a "can't pass up deal" but be careful, Kenny is right, most times piecing together a "unit" cost way more. I've done it, and been on both sides of the coin. That's the reason I have posted this way too long post. We here need a LOT more info and mostly pics to really help you out the right way. And yeah, it is fun hunting things down, making things work, the thrill of the deal, art of the deal. You get the idea. I take pride in my area for making things work that JD says won't work. And I've never had to get anything cut at a plasma cutter shop. Got one now though! Best of luck, good hunting, and get the pics of that 4100 posted. Then we can steer you the right way. Allen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Car

Motor vehicle Automotive design Speedometer Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Ok, the tack is broken and fuel gauge doesn't work. If they get those fixed, 4500 if not my offer is 4200. I should have taken pictures of the engine area it is super clean and i drove it, ran it after it ran for awhile and the hydro is solid. Strong in reverse backing up an incline in low. Did alright in high too. 4wheel works along with posi rear. It starts right up and the normal puff of smoke on start-up. No smoking after start-up The hours are not accurate because of broken tack. The mid pto looks like it was never used. Still has the factory cover on it. Owner did not know when tack broke because it was being used by farm hands that didn't report it to him. Others I have looked at online and one in person ranging from 6500 -9000k with deck. Found a deck to fit for 800 and it practically new. More hectic way of doing it...I agree but 5300 compared to 6500 to 9000k? I'll keep the 1200 or more in my pocket any day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kenny is right on, on this one! What is the price of the 4100?? That will go a long way to telling us what opinion to have. Yeah steel is up CUT prices are WAY up, but I have been buying/trading/swapping/selling JD CUT's for years, and it is ALWAYS cheaper to get the CUT with what is needed, be it tractor, tractor MMM, or tractor, MMM, loader, or backhoe.

Sure I've pieced together LOTS of tractors, put together lot of things Deere said can't possibly work together, which they will, but I was able to do this because I had pieces from OTHER combos that I took off to install what a customer wanted, AND had local scrap/junk/parts yards semi close to me. That lowers the cost of assembly WAY down! NO spending 700.00 plus to get the correct mounting kit/brackets after the fact of "Got a Super/Great deal"

If this 4100 is mint, low hrs, got it for a song/cheap/a steal, then sure go for it. Been there done that lots of times. But you haven't shown us much about this 4100. Kind of tying our hands here. By the ONE pic you have shared it looks real nice, low hrs. Owner did nice job installing rear lights, and it looks like it is loader ready, meaning it has the loader SCV's, which they ran extensions off of it to the back of the tractor. Kenny is correct no PB, never looks like it had brackets for a backhoe, so no concerns there.

Hey look, an awful lot of my former side job was hitting Dealers for thing they just wanted to get the H*LL off there lots. I still am grabbing things for my 4720 cab, and Gen 2 2032R today, but it takes YEARS to get some things, and a crap load of time scouring EVERYTHING! on the internet/dealers lots, phone calls.

I got lucky, and saw the shift in the CUT market coming, and sold off my CUT inventory, then Covid-19 came and wiped out my stock of parts, AND my supply of parts. No more "I can't pass this up" deals. I did make a lot of money and got a lot of people on here what they needed/looked for, and others, but the decks you are looking at, pre Covid were 3-400.00 dollar decks

You May have found a "can't pass up deal" but be careful, Kenny is right, most times piecing together a "unit" cost way more. I've done it, and been on both sides of the coin. That's the reason I have posted this way too long post.

We here need a LOT more info and mostly pics to really help you out the right way. And yeah, it is fun hunting things down, making things work, the thrill of the deal, art of the deal. You get the idea. I take pride in my area for making things work that JD says won't work. And I've never had to get anything cut at a plasma cutter shop. Got one now though!

Best of luck, good hunting, and get the pics of that 4100 posted. Then we can steer you the right way.

Allen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts