Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has a John Deere 790 that whenever he hooks up an impliment, it sways back and forth when using it. The three point hitch arms appear to be attached to the tractor via bushings with very short toggles to take up. In fact all the adjustment is taken up and still sways. He has drilled holes in arms to try and take up slack , but that should not have to done. No similar issues on my Kuboda! What is the remedy that is recommended?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ahfox,

Do you have photos of your brother's tractor and 3 pt hitch arms? There should be chains or some other tightener on the outside of the draft arms that tie to the housing,

Dave

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
The turn buckles that came on the 790’s suck. You can’t get them tight enough even with a simple back blade. These I think are the ones I bought. Look around they also have aftermarket one with holes you pin that are better yet.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I believe there are 3 holes in the lift arms and if the turnbuckles are in the hole closest to the pivot there isn't much way to get the slack out on most implements. I've not many issues getting mine tight but don't remember exactly how mine is set up. I have a rear blade that's set up for both Cat 1 and Cat 2. If I hook up to the Cat 2, the chains won't tighten all the way but that's too be expected.

Treefarmer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts