Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few guestions, I am attempting to install an actuator on my 47" John Deere blower that is powered by the X748 diesel (great little tractor) I think I have found the actuator of choice,the 4" 35# from firlgeiil. I am also going to purchase the boot to be on the safe side so no water gets in. Now; my question is, what king of switch did you guys purchase? I know it is a double spring loaded toggle momentary switch. I do not have a cab as of yet. Is it imperative that this switch also be waterproof? If so where can I get a good one? Also where could I mount it? There is no room on the dash, the off/on switch by the cup holder is useless,I can wire the power plug to be hot and put my new switch there, any suggestions would be great and welcome.
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I moved your thread to a better section, it didn't fit the GTT news section.

·
Premium Member
7,720 Posts
I moved your thread to a better section, it didn't fit the GTT news section.
I am thinking move to Lawn & Garden Tractor section RandyM

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am thinking move to Lawn & Garden Tractor section RandyM
I first debated it, and then figured someone will tell me where to stick it. :mocking:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you have the link for that actuator,I need one for my x730.i just placed an order for a 22 inch opt 7 c2 led light bar.im having that same problem you are with the switch location.there is no room on the dash for anything.im thinking about putting it in the storage compartment.thanks again for that link.its 50 degrees today in upstate ny,might not even need the blower this year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What I did when I had my blower on the 425 is buy one of the remote control boxes off eBay and mounted that to a small 12v sealed battery that I Velcroed to the back of the blower just needed to be charged every so often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
I have a few guestions, I am attempting to install an actuator on my 47" John Deere blower that is powered by the X748 diesel (great little tractor) I think I have found the actuator of choice,the 4" 35# from firlgeiil. I am also going to purchase the boot to be on the safe side so no water gets in. Now; my question is, what king of switch did you guys purchase? I know it is a double spring loaded toggle momentary switch. I do not have a cab as of yet. Is it imperative that this switch also be waterproof? If so where can I get a good one? Also where could I mount it? There is no room on the dash, the off/on switch by the cup holder is useless,I can wire the power plug to be hot and put my new switch there, any suggestions would be great and welcome.
thanks in advance
I have installed a chute actuator for a friend from this guy on Ebay and it couldn't have been easier. He obviously has this figured out and he has kits WHICH INCLUDE the wireless remote control unit all integrated and ready to plug and play. I had thought about sourcing these pieces myself but frankly, the install of this guys system could NOT be any easier. If you can drill holes, you can mount this and it solves your problem of locating the switch.

I will tell you that as someone who uses both the 47" two stage snow thrower and a custom made snowplow, I like to keep my hands free for the hydraulic controls so I used a piece of HD velcro and mounted the wireless remote switch where I could easily reach it on my tractors dash right next to the operating controls. Couldn't be easier to use.

Go to this guys Ebay store as he sells kits in various configurations. items in 72tx340 store on eBay!

John Deere HD 47 Snow Blower Thrower Electronic Spout Chute Control Mod 455 | eBay

Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it

Thanks for all the imput. What I did was cut a hole right under the light switch. Fit great. Had 8.5" yesterday and that actuator worked great. Again during thanks to all.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts