Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday the RIO on the X758 quit working. :good2: (Thanks to a small piece of wire and a couple spade connectors):bigthumb:

The Nanny state is just too intrusive. On my Simplicity, there is a key on the dash, you turn it ONCE and the RIO is disabled for that cycle of the PTO being turned on. A little red light indicates that this feature is enabled. Pretty good compromise in my book.

A few times when pushing the RIO switch when reversing, the deck shut down anyway. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My switch that detects if you are backing up failed on my X585. I figured it out when the PTO stopped working. Once I traced it down to that backup switch, I laughed to myself. No way in heck am I spending $0.01 to fix that switch that I can't stand. Been bypassed ever since.

Not that I am complaining but I find it interesting it is too dangerous to backup while mowing with a X Series but it is perfectly fine on my Z950R. I can see much better behind me on my X than I can on my Z. Maybe because it is commercial. I doubt it but I find it interesting. I wonder if they have the RIO on the smaller ZTraks? Never ran one.

·
Premium Member
7,436 Posts
Former owner "modified" the switch on my x485. He put an inline fuse in the added wire. Pull the fuse and switch operates as designed. :good2: The only reason I'll pull the fuse is when I sell it. If I sell it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I "spade" my x585 a few weeks ago. Nice to see the backup lights still work. While the fix helps while mowing, it will mean more to me when snow blowing in the winter because I am constantly going forward and backward then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The seat PTO disconnect switch on my Z445 and my lawn tractor have both mysteriously quit working since long ago too. I'm waiting for more experience in the yard with my 1023E before that seat switch mysteriously quits working too.

The seat switch on the X758 "quit working" the day I brought it home.

On the JD 2305 it is imperative that the seat switch not work because when I spray lawns, A 50' hose is on the sprayer with a chem lawn gun for feathering in areas that I can't get with the booms. The PTO must run when I am not on it.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I "spade" my x585 a few weeks ago. Nice to see the backup lights still work. While the fix helps while mowing, it will mean more to me when snow blowing in the winter because I am constantly going forward and backward then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
That was the case with me as well. I find it more useful disabled while blowing snow more than the mowing stuff. That is because not only do I tend to back up more often but it is harder to hold up on the PTO switch with heavy gloves on. I never mowed in reverse that much. Now that my X is retired from mowing blowing snow is the only time the PTO sees use.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mowed for the first time after "fixing" the RIO switch. They say it becomes a reflex to hit the switch button to disable the RIO feature, well it is even more intuitive to just hit the reverse peddle and not have to dick around with it in the first place.

Now have 19 hours on the X758 in the short time I have owned it. It's awesome.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I appreciate all the input on the subject. My PTO shut off while mowing Sunday and wouldn't restart. Thanks to the info here I've already located the culprit. True to what appears to be the most likely issue, it was a connector on the "Control/Fuse Module". I was a bit tired and cranky by the time I figured it out so I stopped there. I'll pick up some cleaner and contact compound on my way home today.

FYI, my seat switch and reverse switches had been bypassed/disabled when I got my x495. I'll clean up those contacts while I'm at it too but they don't seem to be a problem at the moment.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
The seat switch on the X758 "quit working" the day I brought it home.
I'm sure it's under warranty being so new.:munch:

Mine doesn't work either,and the RIO switch seems that it's disconnected,not working also. Someday I'll have to look at it......Someday.:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts