Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a way to turn my front garage lights on and off without wiring into the 4 way switch. I picked up a SwitchMate this weekend and had a chance to install it this evening, there is a toggle and a rocker switch version and you can flip which way is on or off in the APP.

Cutting the packaging off was the hardest part. It magnetically attaches to the screws on your switch. You download the APP, link to it, and set it up. My plan is to use in timer mode on at sunset and off late evening and back on for a bit before sunrise. Touching the pad on the front operates it also if you need to over ride the timer. I can also turn on and off from my phone and it has an arrive home function I left off.

We will see how it works. For $25 it was easy to set up and messing with a 4 switch circuit.

Link to website: Switchmate

IMG_1459.JPG IMG_1460.JPG

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Interesting concept. I assume it takes batteries? It say's no WiFi, so can you control it from a few feet away from the house? They do not give you much information about it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
cool- links to your cellphone with bluetooth, so no wifi/internet bandwidth usage! 45 foot range. Might be good for something like a dehumidifier down in a crawl space, or turning the coffee pot on from your bed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts