Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
This was in 1944 --
Think they would win the AMERICA’S GOT TALENT show today?

During the first 50 seconds, they are just singing, but next, what they do, is Amazing!!!

THE ROSS SISTERS
that was quite the show, I wonder if they was with a circus back then. boy they had some muscle control didn't they. thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow, now I know just how stiff my back really is.....

·
Registered
11,899 Posts
I was only alive for the second half of the forties, but I sure like forties and early fifties music. I have a push button set for what used to be Forties on Four on my Sirius radio.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You gotta love that flexibility though......

-Lou

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I felt the song in my back...
I think I read recently of a poor young lady who became paralyzed from bending backward like that. I wonder how people fair later in life after contorting like that in their youth. My back is half shot just from being a working man.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently that's a clip from a 40's something movie.

Cast & Crew:

Broadway Rhythm (1944) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb
Good catch 2lane, that explains the high quality of the clip. I've since researched the movie online thinking I might like to see the whole thing, but from what I've found looks like this clip might have been the highlight of the whole movie. Searched for the movie online with Kodi, it found a listing but no source file, about the same results on Roku, Amazon has it for sale on dvd for $14.99, TCM shows it to be scheduled to be shown there on Thursday, June 30 @ 03:00 PM (ET). It is a musical which I am not a big fan of so I won't buy it, might try to catch it on TCM.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would think they had some back issues as they got older. Unless the keep on exercising and maybe not if there still in good shape

1 - 14 of 14 Posts